Imation Corp., a global scalable storage and data security company, announced its unified Secure Data, Identity and Mobile Workspace product set, to be showcased at the 2012 RSA Conference, booth #839. Imation’s data security solutions help organizations deliver secure mobility for their workforces, benefiting from greater worker flexibility, while delivering the highest levels of security, compliance and management control over a range of USB devices and removable media. With this solution set, Imation brings together a combination of encrypted USB storage devices and media, encryption and encryption key management; authentication technology; device and policy management software; and mobile workspace solutions.
“Cost, complexity, and inconvenience have restrained IT implementation and worker adoption of secure mobile storage," said Michael Suby, Stratecast's vice president of research at Frost & Sullivan. "With its recent acquisitions, Imation is positioned to offer a unified offering that satisfy organizations’ growing requirements for encrypted USB storage, strong user authentication, secure identity management, and secure mobile workspaces through a simple end-user device plug-in."
Research has shown that more than 50 percent of employees use portable devices to take confidential data out of their business daily. And, according to a Ponemon Institute study, 75 percent of organizations have suffered data loss from negligent or malicious insiders. Imation’s security offering protects against data loss and supports compliance strategies, providing users secure and convenient access to their data and applications wherever they are.
Imation’s announcement is a result of the company’s successful integration of industry leading data security assets. In 2011, as part of its strategic focus on the growing data security market, Imation acquired certain assets of ENCRYPTX and MXI Security, and the secure hardware business of IronKey, assembling a set of best-of-breed technologies that enable the easy and secure transport of data, digital identities and user workspaces using a wide range of mobile storage media.
“With more employees working outside of the office, organizations are looking for ways to capture the benefits of the mobile workforce, while at the same time empowering and securing mobile workers,” said Lawrence Reusing, Imation’s general manager of Mobile Security. “As a company with decades of experience storing and protecting government and enterprise data, Imation’s focus is to secure the mobile workforce. Imation’s mobile security solution set gives organizations the ability to protect sensitive information and corporate data in a way that provides flexibility and ease of use for both the organization and mobile worker.”
Imation’s Security Solution Set
The Imation security offerings announced today include:
- Secure Mobile Data – Data encryption, authentication and data leakage protection technology gives users secure and convenient access to their data. Solutions include Imation secure USB flash drives powered by IronKey, Imation encrypted USB flash drives and external hard drives, and on-premise and cloud-based device and policy management solutions.
- Secure Mobile Identity – Strong user and network authentication technology allows users to both securely access network resources and communicate with each other, wherever they are. Solutions include Imation identity management suite.
- Secure Mobile Workspace – Imation’s portable computing solution for booting and running the Windows 7 operating system and applications from secure USB flash and hard drive devices. Data encryption, strong user authentication and application technology gives users a secure and familiar corporate computing environment at work or on their own devices. Solutions include Secure Workspace Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard Edition for government agencies and enterprises.
Organizations have widely varying workforces, policies, regulatory requirements and IT infrastructures that impact what makes the right solution for mobile device security. To meet these needs, Imation offers the industry’s strongest portfolio of secure mobility solutions, with the largest global reach. Customers working with Imation can choose the right levels of encryption, encryption key management and strong authentication to safeguard the data on devices.
Imation will be showcasing its solution set at booth #839 at the upcoming 2012 RSA Conference, taking place at the Moscone Center in San Francisco from February 27 through March 2. Imation’s mobile security products are available through a worldwide network of Imation Mobile Security partners. For more information, visit www.imation.com/mobilesecurity.
- Mach Xtreme Launches Affordable MX-STARTER PREMIUM Series SSD
- HighPoint Launches RocketCache 3240X8 SSD Caching Solution
- Samsung Introduces New Line Of Stylish SD And microSD Memory Cards
- Silicon Power Launches Extreme E25 SSD
- Transcend Unveils 64GB 600X CompactFlash Card
- SanDisk Launches High-Performance Extreme SSD
- SanDisk Announces High-Performance X100 SSD
- OCZ Launches Z-Drive R4 CloudServ 16TB Solid State Storage System
- Macronix Launches MX30LF SLC NAND Flash Family
- Silicon Power Launches 32GB microSDHC Class 6 Memory Card