Micron Technology, Inc. today announced another addition to its growing lineup of solid state drives (SSDs) targeted at data center appliances and enterprise storage platforms. The new Micron P410m SSD is a high-endurance, high reliability 6 Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) drive built to provide the performance necessary for mission-critical tier 1 storage applications that require uninterrupted, 24/7 data access.
SAS is preferred in these applications due to its dual-port interface, which offers the high availability and accessibility customers have come to expect from a SAS drive. The new Micron P410m provides the consistent low latency and balanced read/write performance necessary for tackling the unique workloads of persistent data storage.
"EMC is pleased to be qualifying the new Micron P410m for future delivery to EMC customers," said Tim Smith, Vice President, EMC Global Product Operations.
"With this introduction, Micron has one of the most comprehensive lines of enterprise-focused SSDs—we have solutions for every interface and usage model," said Ed Doller, VP and general manager of Micron's Enterprise SSD division. "The P410m gives our customers a reliable SAS SSD that delivers high performance and data assurance at a competitive price point."
The P410m uses Micron's advanced 25nm MLC NAND flash technology. Micron ensures high reliability in this advanced media by integrating their Extended Performance and Enhanced Reliability Technology (XPERT), which closely integrates the storage media and controller through highly-optimized firmware algorithms and hardware enhancements. The end result is a set of market-focused enterprise features that deliver increased data performance and reliability.
XPERT helps deliver the following key enterprise features:
- High Endurance — The P410m is designed to achieve 10 drive fills per day for five years.
- Superior Data Protection — The Micron P410m was designed with multiple features for data protection—including onboard power loss protection.
- Consistent Low Latencies — reliable low latency ensures the high speed data access required to enable high-performance storage arrays.
- Low Power — Consumes significantly less power than HDDs and requires little cooling.
Like all of Micron's enterprise-proven SSDs, all manufacturing, testing, and qualification for the P410m is completed solely at Micron facilities. Close partnership between Micron NAND and SSD engineers enables the highest degree of integration between the flash media and its management, and the in-house manufacturing ensures complete quality control during the entire drive development, test, manufacture, and shipment process. This quality control ensures the drive reliability for which Micron SSDs are known.
The P410m is built with a 6 Gb/s SAS interface, the mainstream interface for SAS drives today. It comes in 100, 200 and 400 gigabyte (GB) capacities in a space-saving 2.5-inch 7-millimeter (mm) form factor. The drive is currently in production and is sold direct to OEMs and through Micron's extensive sales and distribution channels.
- Patriot Memory Announces Supersonic Mini USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- OCZ Technology Launches New VXL 1.3 Software At CeBIT 2013
- RiDATA Launches SD9 USB Flash Drive
- Apacer Launches Sixth-Generation CompactFlash Memory Cards
- Apacer Launches Value-Added PATA SSDs For Enhanced Data Security
- Toshiba Launches microSDHC Memory Cards For HD Content Viewing
- OCZ Technology To Unveil ZD-XL SQL Accelerator At CeBIT 2013
- Greenliant Shipping Industrial Temperature MLC NAND-Based NANDrive SSDs
- SMART Storage Systems Announces Industry's First 1.8-inch SAS SSD
- OCZ Vertex 3 Series SSDs Now Available With 20nm NAND Flash