Patriot, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage, and mobile accessories today announces the next generation in its ecosystem of wireless storage solutions, the AERO wireless mobile hard drive.
Load up, go mobile, and share. With the ever expanding tablet and smartphone landscape, the AERO is the definitive mobile storage solution that allows you to take your full media collection on the go and stream to any tablet, smartphone, or laptop. The Patriot AERO truly lets you share content to your mobile devices like never before, even if you don’t have access to the internet or cloud storage.
Create the ultimate entertainment hub in the palm of your hand. Using the free Patriot Connect App, available on Google Play, Apple App Store, and the Amazon Appstore, the AERO can wirelessly connect and stream high definition content simultaneously to 5 tablets or smartphones. The Patriot Connect Application also suports 3rd party media player Apps to break free from proprietary file formats, giving total flexibility to how content is consumed. The AERO also features an internet pass through access point, allowing multiple devices to share one IP connection while accessing data.
“With the exponential growth in the sales of tablets and smartphones, consumers are taking their world mobile with the desire to carry and view more content on their portable devices,” said Mike Kroll, Sr. Director of Product Management at Patriot. “In regards to storage, this demands major product evolution and Patriot is on the forefront of design and innovation. With the launch of AERO, I am proud to say Patriot has the largest and most compelling mobile storage lineup; from full featured all-in-one solutions to the award winning Gauntlet Node wireless enclosure.”
Pricing and Availability:
The AERO mobile hard drive is shipping in early April, with an MSRP of $199.99 for 1TB capacity and $159.99 for 500GB capacity.
- 500GB and 1TB capacities
- Wi-fi 802.11 b/g/n
- WEP / WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK security
- Stream to up to 5 connected devices simultaneously
- Internet pass-through while connected
- USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0 backwards compatible)
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery for up to 6 hours of continuous streaming
- Push button battery level indicator
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
- G-Technology Launches Industry's Most Flexible Storage Solution
- G-Technology Announces G-DRIVE PRO With Thunderbolt External Hard Drive
- Maxell Introduces External Hard Disk Drive For Professional Applications
- Seagate First Company To Ship Two Billion Hard Disk Drives
- Seagate Announces Third-Generation Solid-State Hybrid Drives
- HGST Doubles Disk Drive Data Density With Self-Assembling Molecules And Nanoimprinting
- Western Digital Introduces My Book AV-TV Hard Drive For TV Recording And Playback
- Apricorn Announces Aegis Bio 3.0 Drive With Biometric Fingerprint Access
- Hard Disk Drive Revenue Expected To Drop 12% In 2013
- HGST Announces Industry's First 1.2TB 10K RPM Enterprise-Class Hard Drive