Plextor, leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance digital storage devices, will announce four new innovative storage solutions at CES 2013, including new entries into the enterprise and mobile storage markets. All four products will feature custom design and development from Plextor’s dedicated in-house team of engineers and world-class facilities.
Individual product launches are scheduled throughout 2013:
1. M5M mSATA 6Gb/s SSD Solid State Drive. This is a streamlined drive that's designed without an outer case—one eighth the size of a standard 2.5 inch drive—and is especially suited for ultrabooks with limited space. It features the new Marvell 88SS9187 controller, Toshiba's new 19 nm TOGGLE NAND, DEVSLP Power Mode, and True Speed and True Protect technology. It comes in 64/128/256 GB versions. All versions feature sequential read speeds of 540 MB/s. The sequential write speeds for the three models are 160 MB/s, 320 MB/s and 430 MB/s respectively. It has a MTBF (mean time between failures) of 2.4 Million Hours. Overall, Plextor has the highest reliability ranking in the industry. Availability: Early 1Q
2. NGFF Solid State Drive. NGFF (the Next Generation Form Factor, newly renamed M.2) enables design of drives significantly smaller than existing mSATA models. A typical footprint of 51 x 30 x 5 mm can be reduced to 42 x 22 x 2.5 mm thick—about the size of a small flash drive, except thinner. The new Plextor version has a sequential read and write speed of 700 / 550 MB/s and a Radom read / write of 100k / 90k IOPS. Both a 128 GB and 256 GB version will be available. In short: this is the best solution for upgrading your ultrabook as a workstation. Availability: Late 1Q
3. Enterprise Solid State Drive. Available in SLC NAND (more stable for enterprise) as well as MLC NAND versions. The SLC version focuses on high endurance—which from a Plextor perspective would mean extreme reliability. The MLC version features power protection that guards against data loss in case of power outages and is capable of withstanding an extreme range of temperatures. The Plextor dedicated Firmware team can support custom Firmware for these units. The new Enterprise drive also features Plextor's exclusive True Speed technology to sustain like-new performance. Availability: Currently available by custom order.
4. eMMC. Today's embedded applications such as digital cameras, smart phones, and tablets store their content on flash memory. As technology has evolved—allowing increased storage density—it has become inefficient for the controller to manage these functions from outside the flash memory die. eMMC is a standardized method for bundling the controller into the flash die. The standard now includes features such as secure erase and trim and high-priority interrupt to meet the demand for high performance and security. Each generation of the standard will include additional new features and be resourced for future enhanced Plextor storage solutions. Availability: Late Q2
- Apacer Launches Three New SATA 3.0 SSDs
- Fusion-io Delivers The All-Flash Datacenter For Hyperscale And Cloud Businesses
- Mushkin Announces U.S. Availability Of 480GB Atlas mSATA SSD
- Foremay Launches World's First 2TB 2.5-inch SATA SSD
- Super Talent Announces Updated mSATA 3 SSD
- Plextor Introduces M5M mSATA SSD For Ultrabooks
- Micron And Crucial Introduce M500 SSDs With Affordable, High-Capacity Storage
- Etron Introduces EV2669 USB 3.0 Dual-Channel Flash Drive Controller Chip
- Transcend Launches Copy Protected SD And microSD Memory Cards
- Mushkin Unveils New Chronos SATA III 960GB SSD