Plextor, a leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance digital media and storage equipment, announces the U.S. release of the M5 Pro Xtreme Solid State Drive. The 100K IOPS M5 Pro Xtreme features several upgrades from the original M5 Pro model, including the recently announced Xtreme firmware update, Toshiba’s latest 19nm Toggle Mode MLC NAND Flash, and a newly engineered and redesigned PCB board.
The Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme is the first true professional grade SSD capable of delivering random read speeds up to 100,000 IOPS with improved maximum random write speeds of 88,000 IOPS, along with 540 MB/s sequential read and 470 MB/s sequential write speeds.
The M5 Pro Xtreme uses the latest Marvell 88SS9187 controller modified with exclusive Plextor Xtreme firmware and True Speed technology which guarantees the advertised speed in all stages. The drive also features Plextor’s True Protect enterprise-grade dual-stage data debugging feature and 256-bit AES full-drive encryption protection technology. This combination sets new standards for accuracy, protection of data, reliability, and sustained —Xtreme— speed.
The M5 Pro Xtreme retains the features that qualify it as a true professional SSD, including a calculated mean time between failures of 2.4 million hours. This level of reliability has been achieved through stringent quality control with a pre-production testing requirement of 400 drives passing 500 hours of intensive tests with zero fail.
The PX-M5Pro Xtreme SSD is available in 128/256/512GB capacities for $149.99, $269.99, and $499.99 respectively, and can be found online at NewEgg and other fine e-tailers or through your local distributor or retail store. Existing M5 Pro (PX-M5P) owners can take advantage of a free Xtreme 1.02 firmware update by visiting www.plextor.com.
- Strontium Launches Ammo USB Flash Drive
- MyDigitalSSD Introduces Fourth-Generation Bullet Proof Series SSDs
- Seagate And Virident Join Forces To Deliver Solutions For The Enterprise Flash Storage Market
- Intel Introduces SSD 525 mSATA Solid-State Drive For Ultrabooks And Embedded Applications
- STEC Announces Innovative 2TB Solid-State Drives
- KINGMAX Tops Japanese Memory Card Market For Second Year
- Micron Introduces New P400m SSD For Data Center Servers And Storage Platforms
- Solidata Reveals SandForce-Based K8 E 1920GB 2.5-inch SATA SSD
- Apacer Launches Three New SATA 3.0 SSDs
- Fusion-io Delivers The All-Flash Datacenter For Hyperscale And Cloud Businesses