Solidata has finally taken the wraps off its new K8 E 1920GB 2.5" SATA SSD. The company announced today that this high-capacity SSD is now available for purchase and that they've already shipped some orders. The K8 E 1920GB is aimed at industrial and enterprise users and includes features like 4x (yes FOUR) SandForce SF-1222 controllers, an SATA II (3Gb/s) interface and high speed MLC NAND from Micron. All this comes packed in a standard 2.5'" form factor that is compatible with both notebook and desktop computers.
According to Solidata, the K8 E 1920GB is capable of delivering up to 240 MB/s sequential read and 210 MB/s sequential write speeds as well as up to 6,000 random read and 4,000 random write IOPS. The drive is covered by a respectable 2 year warranty and is expected to be available worldwide by the end of January. Pricing will be announced at a later date.
- Intel Introduces SSD 525 mSATA Solid-State Drive For Ultrabooks And Embedded Applications
- STEC Announces Innovative 2TB Solid-State Drives
- Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme SSD Now Available In The United States
- KINGMAX Tops Japanese Memory Card Market For Second Year
- Micron Introduces New P400m SSD For Data Center Servers And Storage Platforms
- Apacer Launches Three New SATA 3.0 SSDs
- Fusion-io Delivers The All-Flash Datacenter For Hyperscale And Cloud Businesses
- Mushkin Announces U.S. Availability Of 480GB Atlas mSATA SSD
- Foremay Launches World's First 2TB 2.5-inch SATA SSD
- Super Talent Announces Updated mSATA 3 SSD