Sony Optiarc America today unveiled two new optical disc drives - the new portable, slim external DVD/CD recordable drive and the second generation half height internal 24X DVD/CD recordable drive.
The DRX-S77U drive boasts a sleek, lightweight design and continues to support up to 8X DVD+/-R recording speeds, delivering a full 4.7 GB disc of video, data, music or images on standard 8X DVD+/-R media. Additionally, the drive can record on 8.5 GB DVD+/-R Double/Dual layer and 4.7 GB DVD-RW discs at 6X speeds, DVD+RW at 8X, DVD-RAM at 5X and CD-R/RW at 24X. The drive comes in a retail package bundled with the Nero 9 DVD/CD mastering software suite and is compatible with Microsoft® Windows® 7. Connectivity is a snap with a Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) digital interface. The DRX-S77U is available in several popular color options to coordinate with many of the netbook color trends including black, white, pink and gold.
The AD-7260S internal DVD/CD recordable drive continues to provide the same 24X max speed and high quality performance set by the predecessor model AD-7240S, which was the world's first 24X speed half height DVDRW drive. The AD-7260S supports up to 24X max DVD+/-R recording, 12X DVD+/-R Double/Dual layer recording, 12X DVD-RAM, and 48X CD-R performance. The latest auto write strategies and proven buffer under-run protection enhance the reputation of optimal quality and reliability. The AD-7260S is available with black and beige bezel colors. LightScribe(TM) direct labeling technology is also available with this drive that allows creation of personalized, professional looking labels using LightScribe(TM) DVD/CD media (available separately).
Both the DRX-S77U and AD-7260S are now available through authorized distributors, resellers and select online sites.
- Panasonic To Increase Production Of Dual-Wavelength High-Power Lasers
- Taiwanese Manufacturers Ship Nearly 22 Million Optical Drives In 2Q10
- Buffalo Announces Portable Slot Loading DVD Writer
- Renesas Announces Blue-violet Laser Diode Capable Of 8x BD Writing Speeds
- DVD6C Terminates Patent License Agreement With Infodisc
- Panasonic Introduces Archival Blu-ray Disc Media
- Sony Optiarc Unveils DRX-S77U Slim External 8x DVD Writer
- Nu Announces Portable 6x Blu-ray Disc Writer
- Blu-ray Disc Association Announces 128GB BDXL Specification
- Imation Partners With ENCRYPTX To Develop Secure Optical Media