Home News Reviews Forums Shop

FALCON TECHNOLOGIES INTERNATIONAL ENTERS U.S. MARKET

General discussion about recordable CD, DVD and BD media and write quality testing.

FALCON TECHNOLOGIES INTERNATIONAL ENTERS U.S. MARKET

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:03 pm

FALCON TECHNOLOGIES INTERNATIONAL ENTERS U.S. MARKET WITH SUPERIOR QUALITY OPTICAL RECORDING MEDIA FOR PROFESSIONAL AND ARCHIVAL APPLICATIONS

--UAE-Based Company Raises the Bar on Media Performance, Durability and Reliability through an Unyielding Commitment to Quality--

RAK—United Arab Emirates, April 7, 2008 – Falcon Technologies International (FTI), a leading manufacturer of optical data storage discs for professional and archival applications, today officially entered the U.S. market with the introduction of a complete line of superior quality optical recording media solutions, including CD-R, DVD-R single and dual layer, and Blu-ray BD-R and BD-RE Discs. FTI is dedicated to providing the best and most complete optical recording media solutions, developing and employing the most innovative recording media technologies, manufacturing processes and quality assurance procedures. The complete line of FTI’s FalconMedia Pro media products is available now from the company’s distribution center in Fremont, California.

“Recognizing the demand for professional- and archival-use optical recording media that can outperform and outlast other products on the market, we have built our organization with an unyielding commitment to achieving industry-leading quality and consistency in every aspect of our business operations,” said Mr. Adel Michael, co-founder and CEO of Falcon Technologies International (FTI). “This dedication to quality is evident in the groundbreaking features and superb performance, durability and reliability of our professional optical disc recording media.”

FTI has created a full line of recordable CD-R, DVD-R and Blu-ray Discs to accommodate a wide range of needs and applications. FTI professional grade media solutions are ideal for enterprise data storage and archival, medical, video/film/broadcast, duplication services, government, corporate, education and worship applications.

Flagship FTI technologies contributing to the company’s performance advantage include a 24k Gold reflective layer that gives its CD-R and DVD-R media an archival life spans of more than 300 and 100 years, respectively, Ultra Hard Coat (UHC) scratch resistance protection, printable disc surface options of unmatchable quality, and ultra-performance inorganic alloy recording material for Blu-ray Discs. To ensure absolute quality consistency, all FTI media is manufactured by highly skilled staff at a single state-of-the-art facility in the UAE. Only FTI recording media solutions provide Certified Swiss Quality (CSQ) guarantee, validated by the company’s certification by Swiss and Japanese ISO organizations which are considered among the world’s most stringent.

FTI’s Ultra Hard Coat (UHC) scratch resistance protection is the most reliable solution to protect mission-critical data against potential disc surface contaminants and mishandling. Applied to the media’s recording and reading side of the disc during the manufacturing process, UHC technology increases scratch resistance and also helps fend off other contaminants, such as smudges from fingerprints or any mechanical surface damaging factor.

FTI’s printable discs are the ideal solutions for professional disc duplication and printing applications. Available for inkjet and thermal disc printers, FTI printable discs combine crisp, clear surface printing capabilities with exceptional recording and playback performance. The surfaces are designed to dry quickly and lock-in vivid color.

The unique inorganic alloy recording material deployed for FTI’s recordable Blu-ray Discs helps achieve exceptional stability for longer archival and superior data protection. By partnering with a leading Blu-ray technology provider, FTI has positioned itself on the leading edge of Blu-ray technology.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby RJW on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:50 pm

I wonder for how long seeing that FTI isn't listed anymore on Philips licensing site.
Trying to make something "foolproof" only forces nature to make a better fool.
RJW
CD-RW Player

Postby Scour on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:00 pm

FTI is since many months avaible on european market, so I just wonder that they are new to US
Benq DW 1640 and 1650 , Plextor PX-755, Pioneer BDR-208 and 209D, LG GH24NSC0, LG BH16NS40 and 16NS55, Liteon ihas 124F and 324F, Pioneer DVR-215 and S21, Samsung SH-224DB and 224GB, and some more

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:18 pm

I got a box of samples from FTI today. I popped in some of their inkjet printable media and they had a TTH02 MID. The 24k Gold discs were MCC 02RG20. Their inkjet printable DVD+R DL are RICOHJPN D01. I haven't looked at their CD-R or BD-R media yet. I'll post some tests later.
Attachments
FTI 16x DVD-R Inkjet White.png
FTI 16x DVD-R Inkjet White.png (16.12 KiB) Viewed 9435 times
FTI 24k Gold DVD-R.png
FTI 24k Gold DVD-R.png (15.89 KiB) Viewed 9440 times
FTI 8x DVD+R DL Inkjet White.png
FTI 8x DVD+R DL Inkjet White.png (14.81 KiB) Viewed 9435 times
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:21 pm

A few more..
Attachments
FTI 48x CD-R White Inkjet.png
FTI 48x CD-R White Inkjet.png (12.63 KiB) Viewed 9425 times
FTI 24k Gold CD-R.png
FTI 24k Gold CD-R.png (12.57 KiB) Viewed 9427 times
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:22 pm

Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Scour on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:22 pm

Looks good, but I guess nobody knows the reliability atm
Benq DW 1640 and 1650 , Plextor PX-755, Pioneer BDR-208 and 209D, LG GH24NSC0, LG BH16NS40 and 16NS55, Liteon ihas 124F and 324F, Pioneer DVR-215 and S21, Samsung SH-224DB and 224GB, and some more

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how they hold up over time. I've been pretty impressed by the initial results though. Here's a disc I burned with the LG GH22L:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ht=#173298
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Scour on Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:22 am

Looks like a result we wanna see from MCC-Media =D>

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player

Postby RJW on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:50 am

What are the samper codes for the dual layer, the disc's with the MCC codes, and finally what is the stampercode and the serial on the gold cd-r that uses a MPO atip code?
RJW
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:30 am

I'll try to check tonight.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Thu May 01, 2008 11:27 am

Gold DVD-R - On the inner hub it says B2FT A05A HC11170043 A244. Farther out, near the gold, it also says ZE0076-DVR-147C

8X DVD+R DL - C2BTA24A H706090559A113

Gold CD-R - On the inner hub it says Z11TA26A H510071231 A21. On the gold, it also says D80 GL1084Z9
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby RJW on Thu May 01, 2008 3:00 pm

All legit.

Looks like FTI has quite some money on there hands.
(Looks that they are buying what they can from mitsubsihi !)

Put up a scan of one of the old emtec 16x +R disc's made by FTI
http://www.cdrlabs.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 373#173373
RJW
CD-RW Player

Postby Scour on Thu May 01, 2008 4:03 pm

Looks nice =D>

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed May 07, 2008 5:02 pm

You can get a free sample pack of FTI media:

http://70.47.98.46/inforequest.asp

Get a free 10 pack of Falcon Media to try out. Use our request form and select "FREE SAMPLE FALCON MEDIA-10 PACK". Offer only available in the U.S. and subject to availability. Offer Expires May 16, 2008
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby cdrsam on Fri May 09, 2008 9:36 pm

We are offering 10% off this month on our website for Falcon CD-R and DVD-R. Use key code SPFLCMD10

This will bring you right into the Falcon products:

http://www.cddimensions.com/searchprods ... genumber=1

Also if you request samples please make sure we can confirm your address as we don't want to be sending the samples in the wrong direction.

We are very excited about the new product line as we have found it to be both excellent in recording and printing. I really hate saying this (we sell TY also) but the print quality is better. That's why we are doing the samples because you really have to try it out. I'm old school with TY 8)

Copy of the news release from FTI about CD Dimensions as an authorized
supplier. http://www.cddimensions.com/pr-4-22-08.asp
cdrsam
Buffer Underrun

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon May 12, 2008 11:37 am

TY print quality has *NEVER* been impressive to me. It's average at best.

Do you guys ship samples to Canada?
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby cdrsam on Mon May 12, 2008 11:52 am

If you PM me I will pass your info along to FTI for samples. We don't ship out of the U.S. Due to customs issues (VAT). We all want to promote this new product line (and not the reseller ;) anyway )

I'm curious, what inkjet printable surface do you like or find better then TY? I'm always looking for better products. :D
cdrsam
Buffer Underrun

Postby Gen-An on Tue May 13, 2008 10:44 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:TY print quality has *NEVER* been impressive to me. It's average at best.

You might change your mind if you saw (and felt) these That's TY 16x -R printables a bud brought back for me from Japan...
Gen-An
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue May 13, 2008 12:53 pm

cdrsam wrote:If you PM me I will pass your info along to FTI for samples. We don't ship out of the U.S. Due to customs issues (VAT). We all want to promote this new product line (and not the reseller ;) anyway )

I'm curious, what inkjet printable surface do you like or find better then TY? I'm always looking for better products. :D

PM sent :wink:

And as for superior products, the old RiData Hub Printable 8x DVD-Rs were *FAR* better than anything I've seen from TY. Verbatim also has some products that blow away TY (although none easily available in North America...yet). And I've seen some printable surfaces from CMC that came from Europe that were pretty incredible also (although they don't appear in North America easily).

Generally speaking I don't really consider TY's printable surface to be anything special. It's average, and most average printable surfaces will be comparable to it, in my opinion. A few seriously substandard discs, like some stuff I've seen from Ritek and Prodisc (Ritek silver inkjet printable CD-Rs, and some really bad Prodisc white inkjet printables, that PEELED) were noticably worse though.

@Gen-An: I'm not sure it would beat what I'm using now :wink: But the stuff I'm using is not meant for the North American market either, it's only released in Japan normally. I'd still love to see some though. I'm a sucker for new and different media types! :D
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri May 16, 2008 10:39 pm

I got my samples. Thanks again CD Dimensions!
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sat May 17, 2008 2:55 am

I talked with Verbatim about FTI today... they had nothing but glowing things to say really :)

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Sat May 17, 2008 1:28 pm

I ordered the sampler and they actually called me to ask which disk type I wanted. I didn't notice the option on their free sample form but night have missed it.
I called them back and hope the gal got my message and has sent some out.
They certainly seem to be a serious player with good customer support at this point, hope they are excellent disks too.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri May 23, 2008 2:12 pm

I got my samples today! :D

They sent me 5pcs of the 16x DVD-Rs with white inkjet printable surfaces. They're being printed and duplicated right now, but my initial reaction was VERY positive. They're the smoothest printable discs I've seen since RiData's old Hub Printable discs, back in the day. I believe they are smoother than Verbatim's BIGAZO printables, and that is saying something.

I'll report back on the print quality!! :D

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon May 26, 2008 2:10 pm

The print quality on these discs is nothing short of amazing. I did a side by side comparison to the old RiData 8x Hub Printables from before they went downhill (yeah, I have some stashed away at work), and the RiData's were *SLIGHTLY* darker, but the FTI's were in every way as good a print job.

To re-iterate, that makes FTI's print surface, the single nicest print surface I've seen on a disc that is available to purchase in North America. (or available to purchase anywhere, that I'm aware of). It even handles very dark colours quite well, which is amazing :)

Burn quality is decent as well. Nothing SPECTACULAR, but I would not be afraid to use the media.

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to Recordable Media Discussion