Home News Reviews Forums Shop

350W PS

CPU's? Motherboards? Video cards? Talk about it here.

350W PS

Postby MonteLDS on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:50 pm

do you think a 350W PS can support

4x HDD a P4 & a DVD Burner?

I just looking for comformation. Cuase that how my box is running, but i think one of my HDD is dying (i'm hearin the click of death). anyways I thought maybe it was clickin cause of prehaps power failuer at some time *shrug*
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby CignaXI on Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:00 pm

Download this program:
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
(the download link is at the buttom of the page)

It access the S.M.A.R.T code of your HD and tells you the current fitness and performance of your drive. If it is in a very bad fitness check if the drive is still under warranty and rma.

About the PSU I don't think it comes down to the watts but more to the quality of the PSU. 350 should be enough for all does components. If you are planning to buy a new PSU I recomend you to buy a Antec TRUE380 or a Enermax EG365P-VE(FM).
Still burning with my LTR-16101B.
CignaXI
CD-RW Player

Re: 350W PS

Postby Wedge Maniac on Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:02 am

MonteLDS wrote:do you think a 350W PS can support

Yes, assuming you have a quality PSU (one with good efficiency, something around ~70%). It's efficiency that matters most, not the total wattage.
Wedge Maniac
CD-RW Player

Re: 350W PS

Postby blakerwry on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:03 pm

Wedge Maniac wrote:
MonteLDS wrote:do you think a 350W PS can support

Yes, assuming you have a quality PSU (one with good efficiency, something around ~70%). It's efficiency that matters most, not the total wattage.

Well the wattage listing is just a rating anyway, it may or may not reflect the actual ability of the PSU. A 350watt PSU should be able to provide ~350watts of power (whether it draws 400 o 450 while doing that I don't care)

Stick to name brands(Antec, Enermax, Sparkle, Fortron, PC power and cooling...) and you'll get a PSU that you know has an acruate rating and is reasonably efficient.
blakerwry
CD-RW Player

Postby Wedge Maniac on Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:43 pm

Get one of these.

Read the first post. It tells the whole story (the thread is about 8 pages long). This PSU is quiet and high quality, and the price is right.
Wedge Maniac
CD-RW Player

Return to General Hardware Discussion