Hi, im following this site for a couple of weeks, but first time posting. I never owned a CD writer, so if i say some false things, just correct me
First question, probably for Ian... is a review of the LG combo drive 4480b on your schedule anytime soon? (i hope so
) If not, how would you compare it with the samsung 348B?
More general questions, when will the new 52X combo drives from LG and Lite-On be available in North America?
And Advices... which Combo Drive would be best for me (see criteria below), the LG 4480b or the samsung 348b (oem, 2mb cache)? or should i wait for the 52X combo drives from LG or Lite-On.
My criteria are (in order of importance i think
- Low Noise when reading CD and DVD, not when writing (i mainly play games, i wont burn many CDs a month (5-6 at max)).
- Excellent writing quality at low/medium speed (around 16X i guess... im quite new to this, but i plan to use the "average" CDs, not the high speed ones that cost a lot more i think, u can correct me on this
) (regarding C1 and C2 errors.)
- Good capacity to read scratched/damaged CDs.
- Decent DVD reading performance, good enough to enjoy watching a DVD occasionnaly.
- Compatibility with Media (as much as possible, i dont want to buy blank CD that wont work), specially at low-medium speed (16X). I wont buy 48X/40X/32X CDs unless their prices fall a lot.
Thank you in advance!