Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Alcohol 120% question

Anything else

Alcohol 120% question

Postby BBB on Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:10 pm

Excuse me for this question, but one guy tolf me that Alcohol120%
can record CD's like Nero or Easy CD creator, is that true? :oops:

I thought it's only CD emulation and image maker/copy 1:1 cds/ software like CloneCD? :roll:

thank you
Celeron@400Mhz ; MB Acorp 6via85p; RAM 128Pc100;

Have fun!!!
BBB
Buffer Underrun

Postby vbl117 on Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:15 pm

Like Clone Cd , Alcohol 120 is a burning software ( AND ALCOHOL is also a virtual CD/DVD ROM drive ) . Try Alcohol 120 ( rather than the oooold Clone ) and you'll see .
vbl117
CD-RW Player

Postby CignaXI on Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:26 pm

Based on your opinion which is better Alcohol or CloneCD? Why?
CignaXI
CD-RW Player

Postby MikeTR on Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:45 pm

CignaXI wrote:Based on your opinion which is better Alcohol or CloneCD? Why?

I hope I'm not contributing to yet another 'which-is-best' argument by responding to this question :roll: . By putting one over the other, you're selling both short.

I like CloneCD for, amongst others, it's ultra-stable track record, it's clear and simple user interface and it's ability to get most jobs done. Add to that a very elegant virtual drive and you have a great package.
I like Alcohol for it's extended features, like burning various image types, the promise it holds for the (near) future and it's ability to get some jobs done that CloneCD can't or couldn't for a while. On top of that it packs up to 31 virtual drives and a handy 'image library'.

Why choose, just use both and have the best of both worlds :wink:. I do.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
MikeTR
CD-RW Player

Postby CignaXI on Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:16 pm

I just want to know which features you like most of each software?
CignaXI
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:21 pm

BBB,

Alcohol 120% is not premastering software like Nero or Easy CD Creator, which are used to create original CD and CD-ROM discs.

Alcohol, like CloneCD is used to emulate and make exact copies of other discs and image files.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby vbl117 on Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:42 am

CignaXI wrote:I just want to know which features you like most of each software?

Huh are you serious ? Can they even be compared ? Try Alcohol 120 and you 'll see . Clone Cd could only be used for very simple/few tasks if you want to install it and use it very quickly without need to think . Alcohol could seem a bit more complicated but although it has an interface more complex and more options to define it is a VERY easy to use software .

Take a look at my website home page ( since Alcohol can handle more image extensions ) .
vbl117
CD-RW Player

Return to General Software Questions