Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Burning Problems -Disc Just Spins!

Burn baby burn!

Burning Problems -Disc Just Spins!

Postby haydn on Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:59 pm

:x Hi, I have a Lite On LTR-40125W (40X/12X/48X) CDRW and am having problems burning. Quite often when burning with Nero, the the CD spins but does not burn. I cannot eject the cd and even when cancelling the burn the CD continues to spin. Windows will not allow me to end Nero and the only way i can stop the CDR in the CDRW drive is to shutdown my system. Is this a drive fault??? I had it with the original firmware and have updated to the latest firmware and this has not helped???

Any thoughts as it's driving me crazy. :o
haydn
Buffer Underrun

Postby TheWizard on Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:18 pm

Out of curiosity, what version of Nero are you using? And, what brand of blank CD's are you using?
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Re: Burning Problems -Disc Just Spins!

Postby Rudy on Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:59 pm

haydn wrote::x Hi, I have a Lite On LTR-40125W (40X/12X/48X) CDRW and am having problems burning. Quite often when burning with Nero, the the CD spins but does not burn. I cannot eject the cd and even when cancelling the burn the CD continues to spin. Windows will not allow me to end Nero and the only way i can stop the CDR in the CDRW drive is to shutdown my system. Is this a drive fault??? I had it with the original firmware and have updated to the latest firmware and this has not helped???

Any thoughts as it's driving me crazy. :o

I had this problem in 2 cases:
1. Media problem -> Try different media
2. Nero conflict with other vendor packet writing software (Recordnow DLA) -> I uninstalled DLA.
Rudy
Buffer Underrun

Postby haydn on Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:01 am

Hi , Re your questions.

I'm using the bundled versionwhich came with the CDRW and have also upgraded it to version 5.5.9.17 and it's still does the same thing. I do not have any other burning software loaded.

I'm using Samsung 32x CDRs.
haydn
Buffer Underrun

Postby TheWizard on Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:02 am

I haven't heard a peep about Samsung 32X media in the Lite-On LTR-40125W, so it may very well be incompatible. Try another brand of media and let us know the results.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby TCAS on Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:15 am

Haydn;

I have the same setup you do and I just got the same problem and exact situation few days ago, have not come to any solution for it and I hate to reformate just for the sake of curiousity. I hope some one come up with the right answer to resolve this problem. Our last choices would be to RMA this drive back to the either Lite-on the manufacturer or the repackaging company.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives