I didn't realise there were any replies
I managed to fix the problem.
Here's a quick how to:
First thing, uninstall Burnrights, or get rid of any instances that you may of tried to install. Then right click the Burnrights installer exe, select "Properties", "Compatability", then select the "Compatability mode" as "Run this program in compatability mode for:" "Windows XP" and click "Apply" and "OK".
Then simply install as normal and the Nero Burnrights icon should appear in the Control Panel.
CCampbell, perhaps post this workaround on the Ahead site, on the BurnRights page, as this would be really helpful for people with Server 2003 and I expect I'm not the only ones with this problem.
I will probably leave the patch for the time being, thanks for the offer though and I look forward to seeing the fix in future versions.