Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Canada Post

What was that?

Canada Post

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:59 pm

It's that time again, my complaints and praises for shipping companies. This time, we give you... Canada Post.

2 packages were shipped via XpressPost service. Both were shipped to Vancouver, BC.

One shipped from Vancouver itself, and should have arrived the next day... it did not.

One shipped from Ontario, scheduled delivery was 2 business days, today, it was delivered on time.

So what gives? For the shipping price paid, 2 days from Ontario is very good service, but what's up with a package shipped from Vancouver going to Vancouver taking over 2 days? The estimated date was even the next business day.

Go figure...

I've also seen Canada Post Expedited service being 1 day late once, on time the other 2 times, all going from Ontario to Vancouver.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CowboySlim on Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:21 pm

It's that time again, my complaints and praises for shipping companies. This time, we give you... Canada Post.

Hmmmmmm.................... I wonder what the ratio of praises to complaints might be? [-o<

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:42 pm

CowboySlim wrote:

Hmmmmmm.................... I wonder what the ratio of praises to complaints might be? [-o<

Slim

ooo.... it wouldn't be pretty....
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby LoneWolf on Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:08 pm

As Canadians could tell you, Canada Post can be a slow and disorganized, even when shipping from city-to-city or province-to-province within the country borders. Many Canadians wish they had as organized and efficient a setup as USPS. My friend, who grew up here, but is a dual citizen and moved up there after marrying a Canadian gal, misses USPS.

For all of the griping that goes on about USPS there's a ton of countries where if your package even looked semi-valuable, it wouldn't reach its destination, or it'd take 2-3 times as long to get there. Stamp prices in many countries are double that of ours.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby seaegg on Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:16 am

That's why I love blankmedia.ca. If Canada Post delivers my packages late they refund me the shipping and in turn are refunded by Canada Post. I guess that's why after the first 2 refunds my packages from them are no longer ever late. :lol:
Scientia Est Potentia
seaegg
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:53 am

seaegg wrote:That's why I love blankmedia.ca. If Canada Post delivers my packages late they refund me the shipping and in turn are refunded by Canada Post. I guess that's why after the first 2 refunds my packages from them are no longer ever late. :lol:

I didn't know Canada Post offered any kind of a guarentee!

But I *DO* know that Blankmedia.ca is about at their wits end with Canada Post. I hear their horror stories all the time. Very friendly people over there!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby seaegg on Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:55 am

Yup I've mailed expedited stuff to NY that got thee late and they reimbursed me not once but twice.
Scientia Est Potentia
seaegg
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:27 pm

They just did the same with me on my NCIX order, I figured it would take 2/3 days, 4 tops. I call NCIX becuase its now day 5 and no package. Turns out they shipped it to another Canadian city and it just sat there for 4 days, THEN it finally crossed the border yesterday, day 6 :evil: I e-mailed them politely asking for some help as I paid for xpress USA shipping and so far they have thanked me for shopping with them but haven't offered a partial refund on the fast NOT shipping. Otherwise they have been great, gave me the sale price after the fact when I asked about it. Hopefully it gets here today so I can have my new 1640 to play with and we'll see what they do about the shipping charge. Most of their orders did seem to get to people in 2 days or so, guess I'm the lucky one.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Return to Rants n' Raves