Home News Reviews Forums Shop

CDR Media Problem On New Burner

Burn baby burn!

CDR Media Problem On New Burner

Postby Sweet-Leaf on Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:59 pm

Well on Black Friday I finally upgraded my generic 4X4X24 burner to the Buslink 48X12x48 (Lite-On LTR-48125W) The new burner refuses to read a cdr I made on the old drive. The cdr is perfect without any scratches. It is memorex brand, The multicolored ones. This one is gold. The firmware on the Lite-On says VS04. Would be worthwhile to flash it ? I'd really like to be able to use this cdr on the new drive as I'm giving the old one to my brother. Do newer burners typically have difficulties with cdr media from slower drives ? I'm pretty sure I used Nero and all the standard settings to burn it. Thanks for any comments or advice.
Sweet-Leaf
Buffer Underrun

Postby TheWizard on Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:34 pm

According to the media compatability thread ( http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6005 ), Memorex discs manufactured by CMC do not burn well in the Lite-On LTR-48125W, maybe they don't read well in the drive either. I'm not sure if the Memorex Color discs are made by CMC, but if they are you may not be able to read them in the LTR-48125W. Upgrading the firmware may help, although I have reports of Memorex/CMC discs not burning (and maybe not reading) well with firmware version VS08. There is a line of firmware for this drive that starts with ZS, I believe ZS0A is one of the latest. You can try flashing to it, but nothing is guaranteed.

Try to find out who makes the Memorex Color discs that you have by using the Lite-On software tools or CDR Identifier.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby Wiseguy on Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:10 pm

TheWizard wrote:According to the media compatability Memorex discs manufactured by CMC do not burn well in the Lite-On LTR-48125W, maybe they don't read well in the drive either.

Does this go for the LiteOn 52x as well??
Wiseguy
Buffer Underrun

Postby TheWizard on Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:51 pm

I have no results for Memorex/CMC discs with the Lite-On LTR-52246S. Although, some CMC discs have had problems with this drive, most specifically, Imation branded CMC discs. Other CMC discs seem to work fine and will burn at 52X.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives