I'm currently researching combo DVD/CD-RW drives for a Biostar iDEQ 200N barebones system. I'd like a little help in finalizing my decision on which drive I should buy. I have my eyes on 3 drives at the moment.
- Samsung CDRW/DVD Combo Drive (Beige) 8mb Cache, Model SM-352BRNS $62
- Lite On 48x24x48x16 CDROM/CDRW/DVD Combo Drive LTC-48161H Retail $56
- LG ELECTRONICS DVD COMBO 52X24X52 CD-RW/ 16X DVD-ROM, MODEL GCC-4520B Retail $65
I'm currently holding the Samsung on top. I hear nothing but good things about the LG and I like the conservative style, but I've read it's performance doesn't match the Samsung's. Though, I read that the Lite-On performs better than the Samsung, I don't like the comments about it's noise level. Also, I've hear that it's performance isn't as good in this particular model of SFF due to it's large power comsumption. The 200N only has a 200W power supply, which I'm very concerned about.
If power is the problem, here's the other parts I plan on installing in the system:
- 1x AMD ATHLON XP 2500+ "Barton" 333 FSB PROCESSOR CPU- RETAIL
- 2x Apacer 512MB DDR PC2700 RAM 32X64 Infineon Chipset CL=2.5 - OEM
- 1x WD WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 80GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE
- 1x TYAN Radeon G9600 PRO 128MB DDR SDRAM Video Card with VGA out/ DVI-I, S-Video, Model# G9600 PRO (AGP)
I prefer any advice regarding these drives with consideration of the iDEQ 200N. I'm quite firm about purchasing this platform. Also, the only reviews I've read are those from CDRLabs and those posted buy customers on NewEgg.com.
Thanks in advance.