Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Dodecahedron and Alejandra: Thunderbirds???

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Dodecahedron and Alejandra: Thunderbirds???

Postby cfitz on Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:48 pm

Dodecahedron and Alejandra, why haven't I seen you two promoting this:

http://www.thunderbirdsmovie.com/enter.html

Opens July 30 here in the USA. They ran a trailer for it while I was seeing Spiderman 2 over the weekend.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:44 am

Postby Ian on Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:55 pm

I saw the trailer for that a few weeks ago. Looks like the bastard child of the Power Rangers and the original Thunderbirds show.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby Spazmogen on Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:23 pm

It just goes to show that Hollywood has run out of original ideas.


I'm waiting for re-makes of Key Largo & Casablanca and Battleship Potemkin [-X

Maybe Captain Kangaroo:The Movie will be next. But I'm not sure I can handle watching the nude scenes...
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
User avatar
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Woodstock, Ontario

Postby ruderacer on Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:12 pm

Captain Kangaroo, boy that brings memories! And yes Spaz, the nude scenes...I too could not handle them.
User avatar
ruderacer
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:15 pm
Location: Back in Florida

Postby Ian on Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:46 pm

The Captain and Mr. Greenjeans. That's about as good as Boy George and Hammer.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby cfitz on Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:09 am

Ian wrote:I saw the trailer for that a few weeks ago. Looks like the bastard child of the Power Rangers and the original Thunderbirds show.

That's too bad. I'm not familiar with the Thunderbirds beyond what Dodecahedron and Alejandra told me a month or two back, and I was talking with my friends instead of paying attention to the trailer when it was playing, so I didn't form an opinion on it one way or the other.

Spazmogen wrote:Maybe Captain Kangaroo:The Movie will be next. But I'm not sure I can handle watching the nude scenes...

:o That's an image I didn't need in my mind... Yikes!

If they are doing a remake of Thunderbirds, then is it only a matter of time before they do a live-action remake of Speed Racer???

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:44 am

Postby Spazmogen on Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:40 am

cfitz wrote:
Spazmogen wrote:Maybe Captain Kangaroo:The Movie will be next. But I'm not sure I can handle watching the nude scenes...

:o That's an image I didn't need in my mind... Yikes!
cfitz


Do 'The Roo' baby !

I can hear the dialogue now:
CK: Sorry, but you must be 18 to ride 'The Roo'.

The title could be: Captain Kangaroo: The Dark Side.
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
User avatar
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Woodstock, Ontario

Re: Dodecahedron and Alejandra: Thunderbirds???

Postby Alejandra on Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:31 pm

cfitz wrote:Dodecahedron and Alejandra, why haven't I seen you two promoting this:

http://www.thunderbirdsmovie.com/enter.html

Opens July 30 here in the USA. They ran a trailer for it while I was seeing Spiderman 2 over the weekend.

cfitz


I didn't think there are more Thunderbirds fans here shame on me :oops:
Ciao,
macgirl.

Tired of hackintoshes and went with the real deal.
User avatar
Alejandra
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Mexico

Postby cfitz on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:29 pm

So have you seen the trailer yet? What do you think? Will you plan to see it?

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:44 am

Postby Alejandra on Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:54 pm

Yeah!, I have seen it, months ago, I planned to see the movie, but of course I don't spect to much.

Also plan to buy the original series in DVD later.
Ciao,
macgirl.

Tired of hackintoshes and went with the real deal.
User avatar
Alejandra
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Mexico

Postby cfitz on Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:12 pm

Speaking of Hollywood remakes, I also recently saw the trailer for "I Robot". Now, it has been a long, long time since I read Asimov's robot stories, but I sure don't remember massed robot armies going on wild sprees of death, destruction and general mayhem as pictured in the trailer. I recall Asimov's stories as being well written, thoughtful explorations of the meaning of humanity, not slash and bash, action filled blood-fests. Is my memory failing me more than normal, or is this another example of Hollywood completely missing the point of a work of literature and bastardizing it with their twisted ideas of "quality"?

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:44 am

Postby Bhairav on Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:01 am

cfitz wrote:Speaking of Hollywood remakes, I also recently saw the trailer for "I Robot". Now, it has been a long, long time since I read Asimov's robot stories, but I sure don't remember massed robot armies going on wild sprees of death, destruction and general mayhem as pictured in the trailer. I recall Asimov's stories as being well written, thoughtful explorations of the meaning of humanity, not slash and bash, action filled blood-fests. Is my memory failing me more than normal, or is this another example of Hollywood completely missing the point of a work of literature and bastardizing it with their twisted ideas of "quality"?

cfitz


Idiots :cry: The books themselves were calm,collected and MOST DEFINITELY not full of gore,sex and mayhem as this movie seems to be. The Three Laws Of Robotics, classic!
I'm not going to see this movie, if and when it ever releases here...
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
User avatar
Bhairav
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:44 am
Location: Bombay,India

Postby Alejandra on Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:57 am

bhairavp wrote:Idiots :cry: The books themselves were calm,collected and MOST DEFINITELY not full of gore,sex and mayhem as this movie seems to be. The Three Laws Of Robotics, classic!
I'm not going to see this movie, if and when it ever releases here...


Me neither, I can't keep out of my mind that image of Will Smith when he was Fresh Prince of Bel Air :sick: #-o
Ciao,
macgirl.

Tired of hackintoshes and went with the real deal.
User avatar
Alejandra
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Mexico

Postby LoneWolf on Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:13 pm

Ian wrote:The Captain and Mr. Greenjeans. That's about as good as Boy George and Hammer.


Heck, my parents remember when I used to dance while the Dancing Bear was on Captain Kangaroo. I feel old. ;)
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
User avatar
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:41 pm
Location: Meecheegan

Postby Ian on Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:09 pm

Remember that freak Mr. Goodbody?
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby Kennyshin on Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:39 pm

cfitz wrote:Speaking of Hollywood remakes, I also recently saw the trailer for "I Robot". Now, it has been a long, long time since I read Asimov's robot stories, but I sure don't remember massed robot armies going on wild sprees of death, destruction and general mayhem as pictured in the trailer. I recall Asimov's stories as being well written, thoughtful explorations of the meaning of humanity, not slash and bash, action filled blood-fests. Is my memory failing me more than normal, or is this another example of Hollywood completely missing the point of a work of literature and bastardizing it with their twisted ideas of "quality"?

cfitz


It's not that long since I read them. Most of the robots in his novels are peaceful and humane.
Kennyshin
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:56 am

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:27 am

surprise!

the other day i was checking the storage room, and i found my old Thundirbird 2 + 4 toy! :P :D

will post a pic soon.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
User avatar
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:04 am
Location: Israel


Return to The Beer Garden

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 0 guests

cron
All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.