Home News Reviews Forums Shop

e3Works DVD-RW Media & General DVD-RW Question

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

e3Works DVD-RW Media & General DVD-RW Question

Postby tycanadian on Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:44 am

Using CloneDVD, I tried to backup a movie of mine to a DVD-RW first to make sure my image was good, but I noticed that CloneDVD wouldn't even acknowledge that there was a disk in the drive (it said "please insert blank media" even after my e3Works DVD-RW 2x disk was present). I am getting Nero today to try, but is there a reason CloneDVD didn't recognize the disk? Could it be an issue with my drive, or do I have to format the disk first or something? Or is it with CloneDVD, and I should expect it to work with Nero? Please let me know if you have any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.
tycanadian
Buffer Underrun

In answer to my own question...

Postby tycanadian on Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:38 am

Turns out that 2 of the 5 DVD-RW disks in my box were defective. And the first two I tried were the defective ones. What are the chances #-o ??? Anyway, the other 3 work perfectly and I no longer have any problems.
tycanadian
Buffer Underrun

Re: In answer to my own question...

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:03 pm

tycanadian wrote:Turns out that 2 of the 5 DVD-RW disks in my box were defective. And the first two I tried were the defective ones. What are the chances #-o ??? Anyway, the other 3 work perfectly and I no longer have any problems.

I had a similar experience with Memorex DVD+RWs (RicohjpnW11). 1 out of 3 was totally useless!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby luminosius on Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:11 pm

I won! 3 out of 3 useless with Memorex -RW (2X?) LONG ago. Can't even remember who made them. Sent them all back to futureshop for refund. ^_^
luminosius
Buffer Underrun

Return to DVD Writers