Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Frozen Nero

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Frozen Nero

Postby nelle on Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:23 pm

Happy Holidays all!

I am in the process of reinstalling all my software, having had to reformat my hard drive the other day. I installed the latest Nero last night and discovered that it basically freezes my PC - when I try to open a Nero application the icon moves to my System Tray and then the PC completely locks up requiring a hard reboot. I didn't have this problem before, so while I try to figure out what is causing the conflict I was wondering if anyone knows where I might find the prior version (6601). I have a registration key and would like to use it!

Also, on the off chance that one of these programs is causing the conflict, I was wondering if there is a known conflict between any of them and 6603. I"m not using Roxio or any other burning software.

Replay Music
Itunes
RealRhapsody
DVD Shrink
IrfanView (has a Nero plugin I think)
Flacfrontend
Goldwave
mkwAudioCompressionTool
Various Creative Audigy2 programs (for my sound card)
Various players -- WMP, Quicktime, etc.

Thanks.

PS -- I uninstalled iTunes in case that was the problem - reinstalled Nero and the Nero applications opened up. Then I noticed that my DVD writer had been changed to pio mode - when I turned it back to Ultra DMA 2, Nero once again froze my PC.

I have an NEC 3500AG burner, which worked find with Nero 6.6.0.1 a few weeks ago.
nelle
Buffer Underrun

Postby Justin42 on Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:31 pm

I have iTunes, Nero 6.6, and Roxio 7 all installed (among other things). The most likely problem is a conflict between InCD (Nero) and Drag-2-Disc (Roxio). Uninstall one of them; I'd uninstall InCD as it seems to cause more problems than Drag 2 Disc.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby nelle on Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:17 am

It looks like the problem is SP2 (which I need - otherwise my NEC 3500 is recognized only as PIO not UDMA2 - don't know why):

- I did a clean install of XP SP1, installed all programs -- Nero seemed fine.

- I then installed SP2 - now Nero freezes again and I have to do a hard reboot of the PC. If I try to use InfoTools, the program freezes when it tries to recognize the drive. NeroMix works but the other programs try to start - but all that happens is that the icon moves to the system tray, nothing opens up, and I can't exit the program.

I'm using the latest version of Nero and no packet writing software. WinDVD Creator is installed in the PC, though I used the Nero driver utility to check for driver conflicts and it found none. So I would be grateful for any assistance.
nelle
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:15 pm

nelle wrote:- I did a clean install of XP SP1, installed all programs -- Nero seemed fine.

- I then installed SP2 - now Nero freezes again and I have to do a hard reboot of the PC.

contact Ahead's tech support.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)