Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Fuji DVD-R/DVD+R (Made In Japan)

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:08 pm

Gary Kokkin wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:
They are Value Line 4x DVD-Rs, with TYG02 code. They have the proper GGxxxxxxx style serial number.



Genuine 4x TY DVD-Rs always have TYG01 code !

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?d ... List+Media


All fake media found,usually rated 8x and most of them are DVD-R ,with TYG02 code !- Package lools ok ,but it's easy a company write cheat info.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=112854


You're thinking of Taiyo Yuden's PREMIUM line of products, like I said before these are the VALUE LINE of product. All Taiyo Yuden 4x DVD-Rs are now Value Line. What happened? Well, basically, they are discs Taiyo Yuden made but they don't meet the specifications of their Premium line of media. They are still better however, then the Fuji crap that's been shipping out lately. But because the media is not up to the standards of their Premium line, they sell it as 4x only, so that people can't complain if there are problems at 8x (which sometimes there are, but generally it still burns at 8x ok). So why is it not TYG01? Because Taiyo Yuden doesn't make TYG01 media anymore.

So, once again.... this is LEGITIMATE TAIYO YUDEN PRODUCT.

Pictures will be up shortly.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:15 pm

Here are the pictures as promised.
Attachments
Photo13.jpg
This is one side of a pallet of 33,600 discs (600pcs per box).
Photo13.jpg (47.88 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Photo14.jpg
This is a picture of one of the boxes from the pallet shown below. The Taiyo Yuden part number is DVD-R47VAL600SK.
Photo14.jpg (30.69 KiB) Viewed 734 times
Photo15.jpg
This is a close up of one of the boxes of some Taiyo Yuden 4x Value Line DVD-Rs.
Photo15.jpg (33.3 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Gary Kokkin on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:52 pm

Branded media like Fuji even in B grade aren't similar to unbranded B'grade,because the warranty of return them if don't like in most of time.
Also about your opinion if Fuji's low grade MIJ discs are same as VALUE LINE TY you bought , why do you think Fuji's still rated these as 8x ?

Finally, some simple MIJ mentioned boxes,mean include genuine TY ?
Is there any other info about factory in label even in japanese ? ( as I said before it's common fake TY manafuctures,print a MIJ in boxes, to cheat wholesalers, or inter-wholesalers do that for others,depends on market. Most of them are available through China trade companies)
Last edited by Gary Kokkin on Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Kokkin
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:52 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:15 am

Gary Kokkin wrote:Branded media even in B grade aren't similar to unbranded B'grade,because the warranty of return them if don't like. Also Fuji's MIJ discs if crap, why do you think always have TYG02 MID code ?

Finally, some simple MIJ mentioned boxes,mean include genuine TY ?
Is there any other info about factory in label even in japanese ? ( as I said before it's common fake TY manafuctures,print a MIJ in boxes, to cheat wholesalers, or inter-wholesalers do that for others,depends on market. Most of them are available through China trade companies)


Either take me at my word or don't. I'm not going to waste my time argueing this anymore.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Gary Kokkin on Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:27 am

(I edit my above message ,because my English not good in syntax. Forgive me if don't understand something !)

I also not going to waste my time comparing information not enough provided ,with other common known opinion.
Maybe European market is more reliable in TY media. Different order ,batches ,packaging ,price etc.
Gary Kokkin
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:52 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Postby Halc on Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:12 am

Now now, let's not make this a pissing match.

Let's just find out why Dolphinius is seeing what he is seeing and Gary believes otherwise.

I trust Dolphinius when he says they are genuine media. Him being in the business and very knowledgeable,
I don't think he'd be so easily fooled by obvious fakes.

Dolph, have you seen these value lines from which brands in your market? Have you had the chance to see if they all perform roughly alike?

As to the quality of TY in EU, I still haven't come across the "crap TY" (either under Fuji or other brands).
I'm not saying it's not out there, as apparently RJW has also noticed this.

I'm just trying to understand what is the safest choice now for quality TY (in any market)?

Is it Plextor branded DVD discs?

Dolph, I remember you stating that Plextor pays a premium to TY for good discs. Do you think this is still true?
At least the price of Plextor here in EU is so high that I certainly hope it is (and I have
absolutely no qualms about the quality of 8x TY discs I've tried so far).

Thanks again for all comments, I find this very educational.
User avatar
Halc
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:13 am

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:30 am

Halc wrote:Dolph, have you seen these value lines from which brands in your market? Have you had the chance to see if they all perform roughly alike?


Yup, I've seen them sold as Taiyo Yuden 4x DVD-Rs:
Here
and
here
(and yes, I have assocation with both companies, and know 100% without a doubt that they are legit Taiyo Yuden. In fact, throughout Canada, both NCIX and Blankmedia.ca are known as being the only two places you can be 100% sure of for getting Taiyo Yuden! ...from an online vendor like that at least).

Also, Taiyo Yuden admitted to me that this brand is also using their Value Line 4x media:
DVD-Rs
and DVD+Rs

You'll notice that the Burnmaster brand DVDRs claim to be 8x certified (and indeed use the TYG02 and YUDEN000T02 codes, which are 8x) but Taiyo Yuden also told me that they have told Burnmaster to change this, as they are only supposed to be 4x. However, I don't think Taiyo Yuden can FORCE them to change it, since they ALSO told me that the brand had a 1 time deal only on them.

Halc wrote:As to the quality of TY in EU, I still haven't come across the "crap TY" (either under Fuji or other brands).
I'm not saying it's not out there, as apparently RJW has also noticed this.

I'm just trying to understand what is the safest choice now for quality TY (in any market)?

Is it Plextor branded DVD discs?

Dolph, I remember you stating that Plextor pays a premium to TY for good discs. Do you think this is still true?
At least the price of Plextor here in EU is so high that I certainly hope it is (and I have
absolutely no qualms about the quality of 8x TY discs I've tried so far).

Thanks again for all comments, I find this very educational.


RJW is better for answering those questions then I am I think, so I'll leave them to him. :)
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby ItalianJob on Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:09 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:Here are the pictures as promised.

Nice shots.
User avatar
ItalianJob
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:09 pm
Location: France

Postby RJW on Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:07 am

Also we in Europe have had our batches of bad FUJI disc's. If you haven't bumped into them be happy. If you don't want to experience these problems with TY media then use PLextor.

Also there is the stuff manufacturerd by MAM-E. Which do seem to be allowed to use the code.
Now the scans at cdfreaks don't look nice.
The comments of some shops were even less nice: Quality isn't as good as FUJI.
Know to you this might seem not so bad however to folks who have experienced the variance with FUJI. It really makes the MAM-E media doubtfull.
RJW
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: The netherlands

Postby ItalianJob on Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:48 am

No. To me, it's clear, in the MAME own words I read that MAME usage of TY mediacode is not clearly validated by TY.

As far as I know, there are some batchs of Fuji TY DVD+R 8X that were no good in Europe too. The TG001125 and 1126 were crappy.
Current TG001158-1159 are very good.
But this Fuji are far far far from MAME sub-quality lowgrade good-at-nothing products.
User avatar
ItalianJob
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:09 pm
Location: France

Postby Gary Kokkin on Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:16 pm

Plextor media also happened to me have variance of media quality .Doesn't mean nothing ,because happened in every brand ,for reason explained before -So I took them back .
-Fuji TY have bigger availibility worldwide than all other TY media brands ,so possibilities are more found bad batch. Price policy depends of availibility .So Plextor or other branded TY can't easy beat price to be same famous in market.-Probably there is also an agreement with TY about this-If cover most of production expecially for 8 DVD+R media ,TY be cost less each disc to Fuji, and final Fuji media cost less in retail, than others.It's a trade rule.

Fuji's batches TG001121-1129 were most available outside Europe .Maybe you are unlucky ,or your retailer cheat you and sold you them, as knows are bought them as B'Grade media from Fuji Europe - My own test in TG001125 batch imported from US by local distributor (different package than European ) were very good.Maybe personal i'm lucky (and i don't know how )-My info about Fuji are semi-official because a friend of mine, works in "Fuji Greece" office, so I can confirm many things (but unfortunately for me,cannot buy retail or cheaper Fuji products...so where is my luck?)

Mam-e expains about TY code in a statement found at CDRlabs news .Not any comment about that-It's clear. But doesn't mean than not perform well ,at least in burn .If dye last same as TY this is another story. (this valid for all fake TY media) -BTW have you ever seen how Mam-e sold these media ? -Mentioned use Japan technology in jewel case .....but is
different than this ,in official site http://www.mam-e.com/web/blank_dvd_plus ... 2dcf3a7fc7

so i'm curious what big box package write as "Made in" or how spindles looks like....
Gary Kokkin
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:52 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Postby RJW on Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:32 pm

For MAM-E Yuden disc's just check CDFREAKS WEBSTORE.
Or if you want the branded as primeon version check.
WWW.cdrwinkel.nl.
(Yep there back. And they did publish my second comments.
Which links to cdfreaks newspost to MAM-A.
(Really Ian it's a shame that it seems that newspost on cdrlabs can't be linked to for a long time.
Or am I wrong here. Because now I had to use cdfreaks link while I prefered the cdrlabs link. )

I would say you were lucky. Still you have to be a bit unlucky to encounter a bad batch.

Now I agree that you can allways encounter a bad batch of any manufacturer no matter how good he is.
There is allways something as the monday morning start-up product. :D

Really at that point it counts if a brand can solve the problems in a way
that the customer is still happy and here is were you seem some differences.


Overall the FUJI TY media in Europe was ok. Sometimes really good and
sometimes it was quite crap.(Still the variation in quality it showed was
something I never have seen befor from TY media(Even on there value line product. )
Still you could replace your crap bratches. Only problem is that FUJI
themselves will not guarantee that you will get TY back. So you might end
up with PRODISC or RITEK disc's.

One thing.
FUJI Europe doesn't sell something as B-grade TY at least that's the official (not semi :) ) response.
However I have to find the fist BIG BRAND OEM which says we also sell B-grade disc's under our A-grade brand name. If someone can give me one then do so.

Infact TY doesn't sell B-grade disc's accorrding to TY themselves. There is
something as Value Line still TY doesn't like this disc's to be called something as B-grade.
RJW
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: The netherlands

Postby Ian on Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:10 pm

RJW wrote:(Really Ian it's a shame that it seems that newspost on cdrlabs can't be linked to for a long time.
Or am I wrong here. Because now I had to use cdfreaks link while I prefered the cdrlabs link. )


Yeah, I know. It's on the wish list I gave to Socheat.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby Gary Kokkin on Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:54 pm

RJW wrote: Still you could replace your crap bratches. Only problem is that FUJI
themselves will not guarantee that you will get TY back. So you might end
up with PRODISC or RITEK disc's.


That also happened in most brands ,made discs in many factories.

One thing.
FUJI Europe doesn't sell something as B-grade TY at least that's the official (not semi :) ) response.
However I have to find the fist BIG BRAND OEM which says we also sell B-grade disc's under our A-grade brand name. If someone can give me one then do so.

Infact TY doesn't sell B-grade disc's accorrding to TY themselves. There is something as Value Line still TY doesn't like this disc's to be called something as B-grade.
[/quote]

Do you know business secrets or agreements, can made common Known ?
Gary Kokkin
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:52 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:34 pm

Gary Kokkin wrote:Do you know business secrets or agreements, can made common Known ?


You'll find that many people on this forum are told quite a large number of confidential things by many different companies. But part of the deal is keeping it confidential. RJW and myself say as much of what we know as we can without getting ourselves in trouble (sometimes taking a few risks even).
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Scour on Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:12 pm

Hello!

I asked a friend about the Fuji DVD+R 8x. He have ordered in Opusshop and have a batch of TG001158. He said the burn-quality with his DVD-writers are very good and he had no problems.

But what I have read here makes me a little undecided. Who knows whether I get a TG001158-batch, too? It´s often that the Fuji +R 8x are out-saled (don´t know if I choose the right words). But I need some real good media for important data and saw in other shops that Fuji DVD+R 8x have the MID Ritek R03

The Plextor-TY are here extreme expensive, what´s the alternative to them? The only other media with TY-MID are Verbatim Pastel (also expensive), and some old 4x-media from Panasonic and Sony, both are hard to get. Maybe I try some Verbatim-media from MCC/MKM, but last time I heard not only good things about them.

Does anyone know from which manufacturer are the Ricoh DVD+R? Are they from Ritek or made by Ricoh?

Never seen in Germany a value-line of TY. The only 4x-media avaible is Verbatim Pastel and the fakes from Infosmart, Hyundai brand. Seems to bet that in other countries a lot more different media is on sale.
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1909
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Gary Kokkin on Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:54 pm

For sure, look Fuji media write "Made in Japan" in package.
Bought them,and if bad,take back for replacement. Fuji warranty still exists in serious retailers .Also same exist for Verbatim and plextor media.
About overpriced policy of some media,one reason is the availibility.
Bigger wordwide release of same product, smaller price .

There is a small quantities of Fuji 8x DVD+R with MID Ritek R03 due propably for temporary production or price policy-(also same happened with Fuji's with RicohJpn02 MID which almost similar in quality as TY ,but in same price)

I think most of Fuji's DVD+R this period are still TY ,don't worry.
(TY not discontinued production of 8x DVD+R media yet,it sells a lot, overcoming the need of 16x TY DVD+R release-due also tech problems -In other side Fuji's mass production of 16x media scheduled be made after October ,by CMC in Taiwan carry PhilipsC16 MID -a solid different product than TY-Who cares,since Fuji's TY 8x media are high oc media )

Ritek usually made RicohJpn MID discs under licensed and Ricoh's control in Taiwan. Unfortunately some own Ricoh label batches (discs with gold surface) appeared to be made in India .Take care about this.Quality is mix. My suggestion if want best Ricohjpn media,buy Platinum 8x DVD+R a Gemany brand- It makes most of discs in Germany in Ritek's-Philips joint venture factory "Primedisc" under license-Excellent quality ,very oc media,able burn @16x without errors . (Take also care some Platinum's are CMC not Ricoh)
Gary Kokkin
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:52 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Postby Halc on Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:19 am

Scour,

I'm not as well informed as Dolp and RJW, but on the EU market I've had consitently good luck with Plextor.

I know you wrote they cost more.

However, if your data is important to you...

I really, really, really hope that things don't fall even further apart in the dvd media business.

It seems that it is becoming increasingly hard to recommend media by A) brand, B) manufacturer code, C) place of purchase and D) place of (claimed) manufacture.

I hope that at least one brand or way of choosing will remain reliable so that those looking for 100% guaranteed quality will always get that (price be damned).

And I really hope that somebody would spill the beans on the NIST longevity accelerated study (which discs were which in the dvd media test).

Why does this have to be so secretive and difficult :(

<sigh>

regards,
Halcyon

PS I understand that business is business, but mfgs should also the carry the responsibiltiy of the goods they produce/market and be up-front about quality variations, different lines, etc. Fooling the customers and flooding the market with misleading labels, varying batches and what-not will only pit consumers against manufacturers with growing distrust and this benefits no-one in the long run (imho).
User avatar
Halc
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:13 am

Postby RJW on Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:34 am

With verbatim/Mitsubishi branded I suggest you contact the companny itself.

Why
1 Large scale means extra measurements to the factory who made them.
2 They will replace more as your bad media. Specially for bad dual layer disc's I recommend this.
Only bad point is that verbatim is slow with the media shipping.

Also for FUJI you can contact FUJI themselves. Still you might get newer products like I said befor. (TY 8x media is discontinued for the moment. )

FUJI switched to RITEK R03 because of price policey.

They thought people only cared for the competive price and there own profit margin and not who made them. (wrong in this case because there sales were because of the fact they could sell TY at a good price.)
The original plan was to switch to ritek. *They had there reasons to choose Ritek.

Old stock 8x is TY. All new stock is RITEK R03 and for -R that is PRODISC F01. (For -R the stock we had in Europe was small.)

The rumour that TY has tech problems for there 16x media is bullshit.
Really TY could pass there 8x media of as 16x media if they want to.
It's a little different.
Problem is would you produce 16x media if you had hardly customers for it.
Currently it's more profitable for TY to make 8x DVD+R as 16x DVD+R because of the contracts.
RJW
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: The netherlands

Postby ETP on Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:06 am

I am so confused. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why did I look at that picture that said MIJ packed in China!

OK! So If I go to BB Sunday with my 10% coupon and buy a 100 pack 0f 16X +R MIJ Fuji. It is MIJ, right?

Bottom line is that as long as it burns for me as good as the ty02 MIJ in all my burners, I don't care where it is made. It is just that I have had very good luck with the batch I bought at BB
Last edited by ETP on Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

BQ 1640 BSOB
NEC 4550 1.6T
Plextor 716a 1.09
Pioneer 109/A09 158
Pioneer 110/A10 1.39
Liteon 5005
Sony 875P & 333ES
Liteon 5005
HK7200
Hitachi 61SDX
Two Dell 8400s & 9100 with SATA HDs
User avatar
ETP
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: NW FL Panhandle/LA=Lower Ala

Postby RJW on Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:24 am

16x Made In japan FUJI DVD+R ?

16x media from FUJI so far has PHILIPSC16 code.
It mostly is made in taiwan(By CMC) on rare occasions it is made in Germanny. (By FUJI themselves)

So if you can get 16x +R MADE IN JAPAN disc's from FUJI then there 2 options.
1 FUJI Themselves.
2 Taiyo Yuden. Which would be that FUJI is the first OEM who releases this media.
Still that would be quite unlikely.
So my guess the 16x DVD+R will state made in Taiwan and use PHILIPSC16 code.
Quality is even more variable as the FUJI TY disc's.
RJW
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: The netherlands

Postby ETP on Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:35 am

Don't know until I get there! Someone said that the 8X Fuji stock was being replaced with 16X stock as they run out!

BQ 1640 BSOB
NEC 4550 1.6T
Plextor 716a 1.09
Pioneer 109/A09 158
Pioneer 110/A10 1.39
Liteon 5005
Sony 875P & 333ES
Liteon 5005
HK7200
Hitachi 61SDX
Two Dell 8400s & 9100 with SATA HDs
User avatar
ETP
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: NW FL Panhandle/LA=Lower Ala

Postby Scour on Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:20 am

Gary Kokkin wrote:For sure, look Fuji media write "Made in Japan" in package.

I think most of Fuji's DVD+R this period are still TY ,don't worry.
(TY not discontinued production of 8x DVD+R media yet,it sells a lot, overcoming the need of 16x TY DVD+R release-due also tech problems -In other side Fuji's mass production of 16x media scheduled be made after October ,by CMC in Taiwan carry PhilipsC16 MID -a solid different product than TY-Who cares,since Fuji's TY 8x media are high oc media )

Ritek usually made RicohJpn MID discs under licensed and Ricoh's control in Taiwan. Unfortunately some own Ricoh label batches (discs with gold surface) appeared to be made in India .Take care about this.Quality is mix. My suggestion if want best Ricohjpn media,buy Platinum 8x DVD+R a Gemany brand- It makes most of discs in Germany in Ritek's-Philips joint venture factory "Primedisc" under license-Excellent quality ,very oc media,able burn @16x without errors . (Take also care some Platinum's are CMC not Ricoh)


Primedisc is insolvency, unfortunately. Ritek closes european factories this year :(

I had Platinum DVD+R 8x from Ricoh but it seems that the most batches now are from CMC. Platinum is known as B-Grade in Germany (but I had no problems with their media)

I think I risk it and order some Fuji DVD+R 8x
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1909
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Gary Kokkin on Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:46 pm

RJW wrote:

(TY 8x media is discontinued for the moment. )
.............................
FUJI switched to RITEK R03 because of price policey.

......................................................
Old stock 8x is TY. All new stock is RITEK R03 ....................

........Currently it's more profitable for TY to make 8x DVD+R as 16x DVD+R because of the contracts.



First you say TY 8x discontinued ... and then.... it's more profitable for TY 8x media ? (since most of production covers Fuji) Why TY wants do that ?

Fuji's DVD+R (RITEK R03) still not yet mass appeared .Still thought were temp production .

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?d ... List+Media
Last edited by Gary Kokkin on Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Kokkin
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:52 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Postby ItalianJob on Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:08 pm

On www.cdrvierge.com , site of my last order, there are both mediacode for fuji DVD+R 8X :

14.50€ / 25 cakebox / Mediacode : YUDEN000T02
10.50€ / 25 cakebox / Mediacode : RITEKR03

Note : Fuji YUDEN000T02 where sold 12.50€ two days ago, now 14.50€ ! :-?
User avatar
ItalianJob
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:09 pm
Location: France

PreviousNext

Return to DVD Writers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.