Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Help: Liteon 52327s stopped working.

Burn baby burn!

Help: Liteon 52327s stopped working.

Postby edaxl on Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:13 pm

Hello,

I have always been reading these forums for a while and bought a Liteon 52327s based on the feedback about 2 months ago. My drive has been working fine until last week. It has stopped working. When I turn on the computer I see the power light that is always on on the drive but I cannot open the drive. Nero software does not find the drive nor the computer recognizes it in the system properties under hardware. Is this a known issue or is there anything I can do to fix this problem. I would appreciate any feedback. I would hate to buy a new drive again.

Thanks for your help and consideration.
edaxl
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:01 pm

Postby dhc014 on Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:18 pm

Try the drive in another computer. There may be a problem with the cables in yours or something. The light should not be on constantly.
dhc014
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1368
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:36 pm

Postby Action Jackson on Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:47 pm

Check to see that the IDE cable is on correctly or switch it just incase it doesn't work correctly.
Action Jackson
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Markham, ON. CANADA

Postby yi_hsun on Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:18 am

check to see if the bios recognize it.
yi_hsun
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:38 am
Location: Whitewater, WI USA

Postby edaxl on Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:49 pm

Thank you all for your reponse.

dhc014
Unfortunately I do not have another computer so I will not be able to check that but I did try to reinstall the drive again by taking it out. No luck with that.

Action Jackson
The cables do seem to be connected properly but I will try to get another cable and try it.

yi_hsun
How can I check if my bios recognizes it?

Again, thanks for all your help.
edaxl
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:01 pm

Postby yi_hsun on Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:01 pm

do you see your device during boot up ? Boot up screen always list what you have on each ide channel. If not then you better go into bios setup by pressing, uh, i don't know your motherboard, mine is just the 'delete' key. Then make sure the settings under your specific ide channel for your drive is correctly set. ie, pio 4, dma 2, auto configuration...etc. Occasionally bios drops your devices and you'll need to reconfigure it.
yi_hsun
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:38 am
Location: Whitewater, WI USA

Re: Help: Liteon 52327s stopped working.

Postby Prowler on Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:33 pm

edaxl wrote:Hello,

I have always been reading these forums for a while and bought a Liteon 52327s based on the feedback about 2 months ago. <snip> I would hate to buy a new drive again.

Thanks for your help and consideration.


Well, it is possible that the drive went teats up. That does happen, as I had a 52237s crap out on me after 3 months. I contacted LiteOn via both email, and on the telephone, so I could obtain an RMA number for either warranty replacement, or repair. LiteOn never came through with an RMA #. I decided to contact the vendor (Newegg), and they immediately issued an RMA #. I received a brand new replacement drive within one week of shipping them back the defective drive. Soooooo. . . my advice to you, if you can not get the drive working, would be to get in touch with your vendor and see if they'll make good on the warranty. LiteOn doesn't seem to want to get involved in warranty issues. Good luck!
User avatar
Prowler
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: NE Pennsylvania

Re: Help: Liteon 52327s stopped working.

Postby Action Jackson on Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:21 pm

Prowler wrote:Well, it is possible that the drive went teats up. That does happen, as I had a 52237s crap out on me after 3 months. I contacted LiteOn via both email, and on the telephone, so I could obtain an RMA number for either warranty replacement, or repair. LiteOn never came through with an RMA #. I decided to contact the vendor (Newegg), and they immediately issued an RMA #. I received a brand new replacement drive within one week of shipping them back the defective drive. Soooooo. . . my advice to you, if you can not get the drive working, would be to get in touch with your vendor and see if they'll make good on the warranty. LiteOn doesn't seem to want to get involved in warranty issues. Good luck!


Mine bit the dust 6 months after I got it. I contacted LiteON and they told me to return it to the vendor.

I got a brand new replacement 1 week later.
Action Jackson
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Markham, ON. CANADA

Re: Help: Liteon 52327s stopped working.

Postby Prowler on Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:01 am

Action Jackson wrote:Mine bit the dust 6 months after I got it. I contacted LiteON and they told me to return it to the vendor.

I got a brand new replacement 1 week later.


Yes, I concur, seemingly the only way to get an RMA for replacement is to contact the vendor. It sort of defies logic, though. Generally vendors have very specific periods for which they will accept returns, for example, within 30 days of purchase. I only replied to the thread to illustrate that LiteOn is the exception to the rule. Contacting them directly gets you no where. I'm satisfied that I was able to obtain a warranty replacement. It would have spared me some waiting and aggravation, however, if they would have communicated this more succinctly.
User avatar
Prowler
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: NE Pennsylvania


Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.