Home News Reviews Forums Shop

help with DVDXCOPY...

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

help with DVDXCOPY...

Postby aznsound on Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:04 pm

i was trying to test out my DVD burner with DVDXCOPY... i tried to copy the Simpsons DVD which has about 7 episodes on per DVD... 1 DVD is about 7 gigs... each DVD is divided into 7 indexes representing one episode, and each index is divided into chapters... when i use DVDXCOPY, it only sees the chapters in the first index... so it will burn just the first episode, and then try to burn the rest of the cd onto a second DVD... but since the rest of the cd is still 6 gigs, it won't burn it saying that it will not fit on a DVD-R...
aznsound
Buffer Underrun

Postby boblx2 on Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:05 pm

Looks like ignoring this post is becoming a fad. :)

The only way I know to backup a disc like that is to use something a bit more complicated then DVDXCOPY. I doubt there is anyway to make a canned copy program see the other episodes. I would use CCE and SpruceUp to author it. Rip all of the files individually and author them all at once with SpruceUP to make one disc. I have done this successfully with 2 disc movies so I suppose it would work with that one too.

Good luck with it.....
Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Postby boblx2 on Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:39 am

We ran into something similar to this yesterday trying to back up Dune. This is a movie that has 3 parts. Two of them are on the first disc but they are not seperate they are just changed by buttons. So DVD Decrypter would only rip the first part. To get it to rip the second part we went to IFO and selected the second video file and then when we went to STREAM DVD Decrytper would rip the second part of the disc. It took awhile to figure that out with a lot of trial and error.

Good luck with it......
Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Postby mike_s104 on Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:23 pm

I have version 1.3 of DVDXCopy. I will try this weekend with an X-Files series DVD, 24, or The Sopranos and see what happens with one of them. you may want to see their website's forum and post the issue there.
mike_s104
CD-RW Thug

Return to DVD Writers