Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Help with silver on silver cdrs!!!

Burn baby burn!

Help with silver on silver cdrs!!!

Postby exer51 on Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:53 am

Hello I bought US digital media brand silver on silver CDRs. They seemed to be ok and burn fine until i started noticing that nearly half of the CDRs had errors in the audio. I was wondering if any one else has had this problem. They seem to be slightly better when burned at a lower speed, but still really high error rates. Is that common with the silver CDRs? I am wondering, if so i need to not get them in the future. If anyone has tried multipple brands of silver CDRs then do you know which is the best? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
-Vaughn Kiefer
exer51
Buffer Underrun

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:57 am

silver/silver CD-Rs are VERY common, and are manufactured by MANY different companies, and distributed by several brands.

If you find the media you purchased is not up to your standards, I suggest finding out the ATIP of your media, so that you can figure out who manufactured it, and then make sure to avoid that manufacturer in the future.

Nero's Info Tool will usually do a good job of telling you who the manufacturer is. The info tool is located in the Nero "Tool Box"

good luck!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives