That's odd that the oem has a 1 year warranty. I thought it only had maybe 30 to 90 days or something.
I still think the retail version is a better deal because of the software they give you. They give you some good software. I needed some software, so I bought the retail version awhile back. It comes with
* Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 Disc Creator allows you to burn movies, slideshows, data and music to CD or DVD in an instant.
* Ulead Video Studio 7SE allows first-time users to easily create professional-looking video.
* Ulead Photo Explorer 8.0 provides an efficient way to transfer, browse, modify and distribute digital media.
* Ulead My Scrapbook 2 offers everything the scrapbooker needs to create scrapbook pages, clip art and titles on the computer.
* Ulead Burn.Now is easy to use disc recording software. Users can take full advantage of their CD/DVD burner to create data and audio discs plus copy discs.
* Ulead DVD Player offers high compatibility and plays commercial DVDs and DVDs created by other Ulead products.
* NovaBACKUP 7.1 allows you to back up your computer to just about any tape drive, hard disk, removable, CD-R/RW or DVD drive.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/a ... 85,00.html
Now that's a lot of good software in my opinion. Moviefactory 3 is a really good program from what I hear.
I'll take the retail version over the oem version any day