MonsterMan wrote:Interesting how it couldn't beat the LG 4167 in burn time...not surprising, but interesting.
Someone over at CD Freaks brought out a point about the 760A vs the 4167B that I'd never even thought about:http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=4
I'd say people should cut Plextor some slack in light of that fact.
I've analysed both graphs and I see some interesting points.
- Both burners start at +-7x speed
- At 1gb mark plextor is burning aprox. 10,5X while LG is at 10x.
- At 1.5gb mark both burners are at 12X.
- At 2gb both burners are at 13x.
- At 3.5gb both burners are aprox. at 16x (the plextor is burning a little faster). Here is where the Plextor starts to burn faster.
- The plextor keeps increasing the speed until it reaches the 18x at the 4.3gb while the LG stayed on the 16x mark.
We can conclude that the Plextor has something like 1.3gb of data where it burns faster then the LG and still the total recording time is slower.
Very, very interresting.
At first I thought it could be something like the DVD speanning but I believe that would make the burn speed to drop.
Right now I can only suggest that it might be lead in/out record times that are causing the differences but without the 2 drives to make more tests this is just guessing...
"We don't want to to put mankind on the moon but to bring mankind back to earth..."