Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Huge Problems with Drag to disk on DVD+R

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Huge Problems with Drag to disk on DVD+R

Postby aristottle on Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:41 am

I am stumped.....I have been trying to clear off old files on by hard drive by formatting blank DVD +R media as Drag to Disks........When I attempt to close the DVD once it is full, about half the time it says "that it failed to make DVD compatible" then spits out the DVD....when I reload it, it shows as empty....I do a scan disk and it takes forever to find the mistakes.

I am using Roxio version 7 with XP and SP2. Does Neros "IN CD" work better?

Some times I can go to use a drag to disk DVD that I made a year ago, and all of a sudden it won't work????????

PLEASE HELP.....this is a huge pain

BTW, I have used atleast 10 different types of media and have had problems with them all.

USING A Nutech DDW-082 with b377.
aristottle
CD-RW Player

Postby Justin42 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:05 pm

ANY packet writing software will be less compatible than just burning the discs in the main program (such as Easy Media Creator/Creator Classic). Especially using +R (or -R) discs, instead of +RW/-RW as there is no room for error since it can't go back.

Is there a reason you're using DtoD instead of just burning the files?

In my experience, InCD is **much** more trouble than Drag to Disc. It seems to have a lot of compatibility issues with other programs (including stuff that should be totally unrelated to CD/DVD burning) I've had very few problems with DtoD overall, but I only use rewritable media with it. Have you updated to the latest version of EMC7? (There was a 7.1 patch that's huge, that came out about a month or so ago)
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers