Home News Reviews Forums Shop

InCD and Retrospect, are they not playing nice together?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

InCD and Retrospect, are they not playing nice together?

Postby Howard Kaikow on Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:06 am

With Win 2000 SP 4, Retrospect 6.5 and InCD 3.5.24.0, I appear to be seeing the following behavior:

1. I periodically save the Retrospect catalog files to CD-RW, along with the config65.dat file.

2. After copyimg the files to the CD-RW and removing the CD-RW media, I am finding that if I run Retrospect without rebooting the system, a BSOD occurs not too long after I start running a Retrospect job. This has occurred the last 3 times I copied the files to the CD-RW. Note that Retrospect does not have to be run right away fpr the problem to occur.

My theory is that InCD is somehow preventing Retrospect from modifying the Retrospect catalog files because the BSOD seems to occur at a point at which I would expect that Retrospect is trying to update the catalog.

If I reboot the system, no such problem.

I cannot try this with InCD 4 because InCD 4 still has the Word bug, so I'm stuck with InCD 3.
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Postby dburg on Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:20 pm

The word bug been fixed, can you check this again with current InCD 4 version and tell us if it works?

Before testing, please change windows's recovery setting to "generate a full kernel dump".

If a BSOD occurs, can you safe the dump file generated and send it to me?
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby Howard Kaikow on Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:21 am

dburg wrote:The word bug been fixed, can you check this again with current InCD 4 version and tell us if it works?

Before testing, please change windows's recovery setting to "generate a full kernel dump".

If a BSOD occurs, can you safe the dump file generated and send it to me?

It takes too much time for me to intentionally test this IF the problem occurs.
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)