here are the files I had to modify to get InCD working (not sure exactly which ones are the direct offenders, couldn't afford testing them individually): CD20XRNT.SYS, CDAUDIO.SYS, CDFS.SYS, CDROM.SYS, UDFS.SYS, CDFVIEW.DLL, CDM.DLL, CDMODEM.DLL, CDOSYS.DLL, UDHISAPI.DLL, CDR4DLL.DLL, CDRAL.DLL, CDRTC.DLL.
These get re-created if I re-enable SR and the machine goes crazy.
When I first assembled the machine with the LiteOn 52x24x52, I installed the bundled Nero that came along. Rebooted no problems. Installed InCD v3.xx ==> BSOD. Computer restarts by itself 2 or 3 times No go. I then went through the cleansing procedure outlined at cdrlabs topic 9572, disabled SR (just in case), still no go. D/loaded V4.0.x installed et voila! It's working. On re-enabling SR, the saga re-starts. Checked again for the above files and found that yes, they had been re-instated. Disable SR, cleanup ==> fine.
As some pple here suggested I tried going back to version 3, tried 4 different flavours of them (using nero cleaner and JV16T in between + manual mopping), as soon as the InCD splash screen at bootup appears ==>BSOD with a message: Driver_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The technical blurb at the foot of the message gives some kind of memory addressing issue: xxxSTOP: 0x000000D1 (0xF8BFC000, 0x00000007, 0x00000000, 0xF847DC02) some of these changed on occasions.
The PC also has a LiteOn CDROM, so I install EWReader to enable access to RWs. The CDROM drive stopped accepting CDRs and would only read CDRWs! UH!! Removed EWReader ==> CDROM back to normal.
The machine spec:
Mobo: Soltek SL-75FRN-L with nVidia Chipset
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000+
HDD: 80 GB Seagate
RAM: 512 DDR 333
CDRW: Liteon 52x24x52
CDROM Liteon 52x
Graphics GeForce4 MX440 SE AGP
OS Win XP Pro (with all SPks + patches loaded)
Long blurb but just tried to give an accurate picture. Please fire any further questions ):