When I insert a InCD-formated CD-RW into my Plextor PX-W2410A writer
InCD fails to mount the disc. Wich used to work fine before.
I'm using the CD-RW provided with my writer.
Also tried several new cd-rw's.
I tried several things:
- Installing various InCD versions (removing them with InCD-CleanTool)
Everything up to 3.5.24, versions after 4.x crashes my system
- Completely erasing the disc with Nero at lowest speed.
- Removing all the ASPI drivers (currently I have 4.6 installed)
- reinstalling Windows 98SE over the current one.
- Uninstalled programs wich used the cd-writer.
- Updated the firmware to 1.04
- Installing InCD while all other programs were closed (with EndItAll)
- Dissabled DMA & Auto Insert Notification feature
System details :
* Compaq Deskpro 4000 5166
* Windows 98SE 4.10.2222 A
* Plextor PX-W2410A
* Firmware Version : 1.04
* Currently InCD 3.5.24 installed
Description: Secondary IDE Channel
Driver Description: ESDI_506.pdr
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Description: ESDI_506 Virtual Device (Version 4.0)
Still thinking it is a software or setting conflict because it used to work fine.
Thanks in advance,