Home News Reviews Forums Shop

InCD Warning on eject: Writing data to disc.

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

InCD Warning on eject: Writing data to disc.

Postby Coyote on Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:29 pm

I'm formatting my CDRW's with MRW. After formatting is complete, I press the eject button on my drive. InCD gives a warning...
InCD Warning on drive. Writing data to disc.

What kind of data is being written? Would it be my anti-virus software scanning the disc, before eject?
Coyote
CD-RW Thug

Postby CowboySlim on Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:01 pm

IMHO it is not good to press the eject button for CD-RW discs. I prefer to do My Computer - right click on the drive - select Eject on the drop down menu. The tray will open when it is ready.
Slim
Number of burners bought in 2003: 3
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:16 pm

yeah, pressing the eject button is a very bad idea.

the safe and correct way:click on the InCD icon in the system tray and use the eject option.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Re: InCD Warning on eject: Writing data to disc.

Postby Ian on Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:21 pm

Coyote wrote:What kind of data is being written? Would it be my anti-virus software scanning the disc, before eject?

There's not really anything being written per se. It's just that the disc hasn't been formatted all the way.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dburg on Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:26 pm

Ian is right, this warning is about the background format of the disc currently running and that needs to be suspended before ejecting. This can occur with any background formatted media like CD-MRW, DVD+RW and DVD+MRW, and soon will be the case for (physically quick formatted) DVD-RW as well.

The verb "write" is used to avoid to display "format" that drive manufacturers does not want to see as for them the background format must be totally transparent for the user and once the iniatilization phase is completed nothing about format shall be mentionned.

Notice that with InCD 4 nothing bad will occur if you eject by pressing the eject button on the device. In details, the door is locked when the media is mounted by InCD, and we register for notifcation from the device for eject request (we use the mmc Get Event Status Notification). If we get this notification, we finish our job (could be writing, suspending a running format, etc...), ensure that no handle is open for write access, then unlock the door and eject the media.
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby djmorgan on Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:58 am

David.

Maybe you could shed some light on why this happens to me when I use InCD

"Format a disk MRW all okay so far drag and drop a file - great can view the file on the disk using everything.

Then I try to eject the disk and I get the wait dialogue and incd happily deletes the files on the disk and adds the eazywrite program even though it's already installed.

Does this everytime no matter how I format I whatever I do. "

I have since removed incd - but still use all other Nero suites (registered user)

So my question is more of interest. :-?
A7N8X-E Deluxe bios 1011
AMD XP 2800+ (188 x 12.5)
GeForce FX5700
2 x 512 Corsair DDR PC3200
Seagate 80 + 20gig @ 7200 IDE
1 x Pioneer A07XLB Multi drives
1 x Pioneer A08XLB Multi drives
XP Pro SP2
djmorgan
Buffer Underrun

Postby dburg on Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:21 pm

djmorgan, the easywrite reader installer is wrotten to MRW disc at format time, not when closing the disc for ejection. This installer is placed on the disc accordingly to MRW specifications which request that a MRW remapper software or MRW remapper software information is placed inthe GAA (portion of the disc accessible by a non-MRW compatible device) so that when you move the media from a MRW-device to an non-MRW device you are informed in details why you are unable to read the media but also what you can do to read the MRW media in the non MRW-compatible device (which is, to install a MRW remapper).

There is of course no file deletion on ejection.
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)