Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?

Anything else

Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?

Postby SkaarjMaster on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:39 pm

Anyone have any computer files of this song? I have nine versions of this song on my computer from the album, CD, etc. and all versions seem to have some strange things going on with the voice at and after 45 seconds into the song. Anyone know WTF is the deal with this? Is it the conversion process from the recording or maybe the 5.1 surround playback on my computer? No other song I know of does this. :o
MSI (unnamed laptop): GS75 Stealth 95F, Pioneer BDR-XD07B
SKAARJ-LAPTOP: Asus G750JW-NH71
SKAARJMASTERDUO: WinXPSP3,C2D E8600,Gigabyte EP45-UD3P,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T.
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:14 am

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida... Ahhh, the foundation of hard rock music... Amazing what enough drugs and alcohol can do to the words "In the Garden of Eden, baby"
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby smartin4 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:46 am

SithTracy wrote:In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida... Ahhh, the foundation of hard rock music... Amazing what enough drugs and alcohol can do to the words "In the Garden of Eden, baby"

Or what a certain mischievious, spike-haired Bart Simpson does when he hands out lyric sheets at church.

"Wait a minute, this sounds like rock and/or roll."

One of my favorite Simpsons episodes ever.

I know I have this song in mp3, I just have to remember where I put all of the stuff that I don't listen to that often.
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby roadrunner on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:15 pm

I have never even heard of Iron Butterfly before :-?

Although I know the Simpsons episode :P

I'm a metalhead, too...as for old-school metal, though...well, this is about as old-school as I get:

www.slayer.net

:D :P

Slayer f'ing rules!

I do listen to all kinds of music though (except rap...I hate that crap), and will check out Iron Butterfly...
roadrunner
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:18 pm

Iron Butterfly is 60's psychedelic rock. However, Slayer covered In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida on the Less Than Zero soundtrack in the 80's.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby SkaarjMaster on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:38 pm

Here's what someone said at another forum:

"OK, in the interest of looking into the original poster's question, I broke out my remastered In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida CD (yes, I bloody own it...) and gave it a listen. Sure enough, at around the 45 second mark the vocals seem to fade slightly down in the mix and do a little right-left channel wiggle. They do seem to remain down in the mix for the rest of the first section. I'd suspect that right-left wiggle might sound more pronounced in a pseudo 5.1 mix. So I don't think it's your rip, I think it may have been a mixing engineer sampling some of the bands recreational goodies."

So it may not be the rip. :o

Um, no comment on the remake.;)
MSI (unnamed laptop): GS75 Stealth 95F, Pioneer BDR-XD07B
SKAARJ-LAPTOP: Asus G750JW-NH71
SKAARJMASTERDUO: WinXPSP3,C2D E8600,Gigabyte EP45-UD3P,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T.
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Return to General Software Questions