Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Man Changes Name To Megatron

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Man Changes Name To Megatron

Postby Ian on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:16 pm

And no... it wasn't me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/punkjr/698895174/

It's official. My name has been changed from Jason Michael Burrows to Jason Megatron Burrows, effective today.

Here's the story of my trip to the courthouse:

The Judge came in about 15 minutes late & apologized, then said that she'd be hearing name changes first, The first lady got up & changed her last name to honor her birth family. Next, a family went up, and the mom & dad both said that their daughter would like her name changed to Jessica, so the judge signed that order.

Then it was my turn... I walked to the front, where she had me raise my right hand to swear that I would tell the truth, whole truth & nothing but the truth. She asked if my name change was to defraud creditors, I said no. She asked if it would be detrimental to anyone else, I said no. She Then asked if I was indeed changing my middle name to that of my childhood hero, I smiled & said "Yes Ma'am." She said, "Then I do order & decree that your name be changed from Jason Michael Burrows to Jason Megatron Burrows" with a HUGE grin. There were quite a few chuckles from the courtroom... I was handed the paperwork & I split. =)

I'd be more impressed if he changed his first name to Megatron.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:56 pm

I'm half tempted to actually add 'Dolphin' to my name... but most people already know me as Dolphin, and I don't really care what pieces of paper say about me :P
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:42 am

Dude, why can't I get a cool judge like that? Most judges I come across (not that I've come across many, but for jury duty and typical stuff like that) have a phobia of smiling.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Re: Man Changes Name To Megatron

Postby Wesociety on Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:15 am

Ian wrote:I'd be more impressed if he changed his first name to Megatron.

Or his last name... Middle name is a cop out, it's barely even used!
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden