This is about the best I can do regarding LiteOn CPU usage:
The graph shows CPU usage (percent) in red and disk transfer rate(bytes/sec) in green during an actual write at 48x on a Memorex 48MAXX (rebadged LiteOn 48246S) drive under the following conditions:
- 1 GHz Pentium III
- Tyan Tiger mobo with VIA chipset
- Ultra DMA enabled
- Windows 2000 SP3
- TDK (Ritek) 40x rated blank CD-R
- ISO 9660 mode 1 data disc, recorded in DAO mode
- 699 MBytes of user data
- SMART-BURN enabled
- CD-RW on mobo IDE controller, primary channel, slave
- HDD on separate Promise FastTrak 100 RAID controller
The CPU usage peaked momentarily at a little over 13%, and averaged 6.5%. This was measured using Windows Performance Monitor, a much more accurate way to measure system performance than CD Speed.
Disabling SMART-BURN, as expected, had no effect on CPU usage.