Home News Reviews Forums Shop

MSI 8348 Not recongnized anymore in NERO and CDRWIN??

Burn baby burn!

MSI 8348 Not recongnized anymore in NERO and CDRWIN??

Postby maleboog on Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:52 pm

Hi,

I got an MSI 8348 about 2 months ago, and it has been working fine until last week. At first the computer wouldnt see the CDROM, and same day (earlier), my son said he couldnt burn a CD, that Nero wouldnt recongnize the CDROM at all (in my computer). Thats when I seen the PC wasnt seeing it.
Well, I went to CP and system and deleted the CDRW and restarted the PC. BIOS recongnized it and now the PC sees it, but nothing sees it as a burner anymore.
I tried re installing Nero, and also tried WINCDR, and niether see it as a burner?? BIOS and Control panel System both ID it as a CDRW...

I am have Win ME, and like I said it burned for like 1/34 months and just like that...

Any help would be greatly appreicated!!

Curt
maleboog
Buffer Underrun

Postby forbjok on Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:27 am

Sounds like something could be wrong with the IDE controller or something. Have you tried moving it to another IDE controller?

For example, if your HD is at IDE1 and your CD-ROM and CD-RW is at IDE2, try moving the CD-RW to IDE1 as slave instead.

Also, is the CD-RW set as Master on the controller it's on? Many CD-RW drives don't like being set to slave.

If it's any of the above, there's always the possibility of the CD-RW drive being damaged.
- This calls for divine intervention...
- I kick ass 4 the lord
forbjok
Buffer Underrun

Hmm..thought of that

Postby maleboog on Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:57 am

I was thinking it could be a problm like you said concerning the hardware, but dismissed it coz it had worked fine for almost 2 months??
maleboog
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives