Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 7.5.1.1 Available For Download

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 7.5.1.1 Available For Download

Postby Ian on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:06 am

Get it while its hot!

http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/nero7-up.php

The change logs are actually online too.

http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero_7_Pr ... Notes.html
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: Nero 7.5.1.1 Available For Download

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:51 pm

Ian wrote:The change logs are actually online too.
WOW!!!
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Ulysses on Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:16 pm

hmmm, do you see any difference between Nero 7 Ultra Edition ENHANCED and Nero 7 Premium Reloaded ...? :-?

http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/nero7-up.php#opt2
and
http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/nero7-up.php

Filesize: 189.16 MB ( 198.350.040 bytes )
"Houston, we've got a problem..."
(Jim Lovell, Apollo 13)
Ulysses
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:18 pm

the file itself is the same,
the differences are in the serial number, it determines which 'version' you have.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby MastaSlayer on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:49 pm

Are there any differences between these 2 'Versions' ?

Wish they would just make things simpler with less variations , cant wait till the many versions of windows vista come out aswell
MastaSlayer
Buffer Underrun

Postby Webslinger on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:37 pm

As an existing Nero 7 Ultra customer, I don't see Nero Sipps nor Nero Mobile being installed with this new update:

"Content of Nero 7 Download Package

* Nero Home
* Nero Sipps
* Nero Mobile
* Nero Scout
* Nero StartSmart
* Nero Burning ROM 7
* Nero Express 7
* Nero WaveEditor 3
* Nero SoundTrax 2
* Nero Vision 4

* Nero Recode 2
* Nero ShowTime 3
* Nero MediaHome
* Nero PhotoSnap
* Nero CoverDesigner
* Nero Toolkit
* Nero BackItUp 2
* InCD 5
* Nero SoundBox
* Nero ImageDrive"

I don't see Nero Sipps even listed as an option when doing a custom install. I do see Nero Mobile, but setup states it will only take up 0 bytes on my hard drive. :o
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Webslinger on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:47 pm

MastaSlayer wrote:Are there any differences between these 2 'Versions' ?

AFAIK, Ultra = North America, and Premium = Europe
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby bigblu91 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:01 pm

Webslinger wrote:As an existing Nero 7 Ultra customer, I don't see Nero Sipps nor Nero Mobile being installed with this new update:

"Content of Nero 7 Download Package

* Nero Home
* Nero Sipps
* Nero Mobile
* Nero Scout
* Nero StartSmart
* Nero Burning ROM 7
* Nero Express 7
* Nero WaveEditor 3
* Nero SoundTrax 2
* Nero Vision 4

* Nero Recode 2
* Nero ShowTime 3
* Nero MediaHome
* Nero PhotoSnap
* Nero CoverDesigner
* Nero Toolkit
* Nero BackItUp 2
* InCD 5
* Nero SoundBox
* Nero ImageDrive"

I don't see Nero Sipps even listed as an option when doing a custom install. I do see Nero Mobile, but setup states it will only take up 0 bytes on my hard drive. :o

I have a Nero Moblie folder in my installed directory but it's not listed in the Start Menu. I don't have a cell phone so I can't try it out anyway. I am curious about the lack of SIPPS though. Maybe this is something for Craig. BTW, the ProductSetup appears to be headed in a more positive direction.

UPDATE: Information from another site states Sipps is not included with the D/L. They say it is only on the retail boxed product or warez site D/L. I guess I'll have to buy a new copy :P yeah right!
bigblu91
Buffer Underrun

Postby grayscot on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:43 am

I haven't been able to find any installation instructions but from past experience I gather that it is a good idea to uninstall 7.2 before installing 7.5.1.1.

And of course that means running the InCD Cleaning Tool; the Nero General Cleaning Tool; the Driver Cleaning Tool; the Nero Cleaning Tool; the NVE Cleaning Tool; the Registry Checker; and Roxizap.exe--always remembering to re-boot after each one.

Note that only some of these are necessary to remove Nero's artifacts; most are needed to savage other drivers and cripple our other programs.

Nevertheless I note that it still doesn't get rid of the NTI driver; a MS UDF driver; a Sonic Driver and a Gear aspi driver among others. So I guess it's necessary to comb the registry for all the other ticking bomb detritus of past indiscretions. Then, following the new Nero installation, I have to remember to run ForcAspi to kill Nero's own malicious WNASPI32.DLL.

Only minor details then like unzipping the general Help file into its little help files and distributing these into a dozen sub programs.

Between work distractions, a little less than four hours and with a luck we may have in 7.5 a version that will work for the six months before kluges for a kluged Vista version throws it all into chaos again.
grayscot
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:22 pm

Nero Mobile runs in the background. When a SmartPhone, PDA, etc is connected to the system, it will autolaunch and ask if you would like to install on the device. Everyone should be aware that it will report as a Trial version, but to be more accurate, only the Codecs are a 30 day trial. Meaning MPEG4 support MPEG-2 support, etc.

Any format that does not have any patent fees associated with it, such as WAV, AVI, etc, will still be able to work with Nero Mobile after 30 days is up.

Nero SIPPs is a product that is being discontinued. It will still be supported for the many users who already have the program, but we have taken it off the Retail market, and we no longer provide it with Nero 7 Retail bundles as of Nero 7 'Enhanced'.

Just as we no longer support Windows 98,98SE, or ME with this Nero 7 'Enhanced' release.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:14 pm

Looks like I was incorrect about Nero SIPPS.

There had been talk of discontinuing providing Nero SIPPS with the Nero 7 Retail build, as we deemed it was not being used by very many users, and it requires a large amount of our resources. And of course customers are complaining our software is bloatware, so trimming it out seemed like it might be a good idea.

But I guess at the last minute management had a change of heart and would decided to continue with the product.

If you do a FRESH install of Nero 7.5.1.1 from off our website, you will not see Nero SIPPs. It seems there was a communication issue, and this information did not get to the Installer Team creating the Nero 7.5.1.1 build. #-o

So, if you update from an older version of Nero 7 that has SIPPS already, using the Nero ProductSetup feature, it will keep SIPPs on the desktop and in the StartSmart under APPLICATIONS.

If you update by downloading the FULL build from off the website and install over an existing version of Nero 7 with SIPPS, it will remove Nero SIPPS shortcut from the DeskTop and from the APPLICATIONS field in Nero StartSmart. But you can go to C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero Sipps and launch it from this folder, or create the shortcut to your desktop manually to launch.

If you do a fresh install of Nero 7.5.1.1 from off our website, it will not put Nero SIPPS shortcut on the Desktop or in the APPLICATIONS field in Nero SmartStart. But again, you can go to C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero Sipps and launch it from this folder, or create the shortcut to your desktop manually to launch.

Sorry for the confusion. We'll get this addressed in the next update we post.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby myckee on Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:19 pm

If anyone is interested, 7.5.1.1 works in Vista RC2 32bit.

I'm not certain about the full bloatware package available on Nero's site, but the Lite version of 7.5.1.1 works in Vista RC2 32bit, however you have to edit the permissions in the registry for the Ahead entry in HKLM.

The 7.2.7.0 Lite version works without any registry fiddling.
myckee
CD-RW Thug

Postby Hurricane Andrew on Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:17 pm

7.5.1.1 lite worked like a charm for me in the last two builds (didn't try it on 5600), no registry edits needed. My only problem is, I want Vision and Recode in Vista! At least Shrink works fine as an alternative to Recode for now.
Hurricane Andrew
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)