CCampbell wrote:Hi Ken2/Moospn,
Anyway, the first two recovery dics were DVD RW media, and I was getting a lot of read errors with these two discs. IN the end, I had to try and copy the content from the disc and create new ones.
To do this, I put the disc's in the Recorder, Use Nero DriveSpeed to slow down the read speed, and increased the number of retry's on the read to copy the contents from the disc's to the Hard Drive. And then I burned them back to DVD. Using this process, I was then able to do a full recovery with the discs.
I made a copy of disc 3 which seems to have a problem and got a mysterious "Create New Structure 50%" message. I got successfully copy data on disc 3 to a new disc and tried to resotre but no luck.
Also, I tried following coaxili's method, but I had already used version 1.083 from the first time and no luck to me as expected...
Is this something related to the fact I used 220.127.116.11 to back up the Data? Home page mentioned that 18.104.22.168 had a problem with wiriting data on DVD media.
I have a same "Create New Structures: 50%" problem with restoring from DVD.
Problem is solved for me! Follow this instructions:
0. Copy NRESTORE.EXE (last version is 1.083) from newest NERO BURNING ROM update (download it from developer site or get prepared of necessary files from attachment) to floppy disc with configuration files.
1. Boot from first backup DVD
2. Then NRESTORE.EXE is started choose from menu Quit to get Caldera DOS system console.
3. Insert prepared floppy disc with newest NRESTORE.EXE
4. Start it from floppy by typing b:\NRESTORE or any way
5. If newest version NRESTORE.EXE is run then use it properly for restoring.
Testing on Windows NT 4.0 Server SP6, file system is NTFS, DVD+R,RW TDK (backup contains two discs), restores full partition D:
IMHO BackItUp of early version have big problem with restoring from bootable DVD and NTFS. While making backup It haven’t a warning. Also Nero is not warning about it.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.