Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Lite-on 811S

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Lite-on 811S

Postby cadillacred on Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:24 pm

I purchased a Lite-on 811S and I must say that i am terribly disappointed. Spec wise this drive was superior to the other burners i was considering. Pioneer 107 and NEC 2500a. I have tried burning dvds with Nero 6, Roxio 7, and Ulead dvd movie factory 3.0. I get mixed results with the different softwares using the same dvds. I was using Prodisc -R @ 4x. Nero will lock up just before starting to burn. Roxio and Ulead both burn with mixed results. I get some disk that will play and some that won't in my standalone dvd. CD burning is weird. Nero burns all cd's perfectly. roxio will not burn at full speed. 12x max. Ulead either burns perfect or keeps burning until i power off the computer. I have tried each software on a clean install of XP SP1 with nothing else installed. Same results. I have also installed the included software RecordNow DX 4.6 and burn perfectly ever time no matter what disc i use. Only problem is i hate the interface of Recordnow. My software of choice is Nero followed by Roxio 7 in a close second. I would really like to get nero to work properly with all disc so that it will be the only burning software on my computer. How can I achieve this. Have also burned to memorex +RW @4X only to burn at no more than 2X

I have an HP 8670 C

PIII 600, 384MB RAM, ASUS motherboard, VIA chipset, ATI AIW 7500, 3 Seagate 40 Gig @ 5400RPM
cadillacred
Buffer Underrun

Postby spryfly on Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:57 pm

It is most likely your processor/motherboard. Everyone else raves about that drive......your computer probably can't handdle the software.

Have you tried updating all your divers/firmware??
spryfly
CD-RW Player

Postby cadillacred on Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:44 pm

I have firmware HS0P. VIA Drivers are the latest 4 in 1 for VIA.
If it were an issue you stated then why can I burn perfect evertime with RecordNow DX?
If it is a Nero issue with my computer setup I would like to correct the problem so Nero will be my only burning software.
I also have latest ASAPI drivers 4.60

Your response is greatly appreciated
cadillacred
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:45 pm

What version of Nero do you have installed on your system? Did you try upgradeing to our latest Nero 6.3.1.6?

Can you send a print out of Nero InfoTool so we can see what you have on your system, and what we may be aware of that can cause these symptoms?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby spryfly on Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:18 pm

Just a shot in the dark......

sometimes when you have multiple burning suites on on your computer at the same time they cause conflicts with each other. Try uninstalling all your burning software (make sure you remove any leftover registry entries), then reinstall nero and see what happens.....
"Why? Said the spry little fly."

Nec 3500 LD V2 B6 Quiet
Benq 1620 B7T9 Stock
Liteon 1633sx BS41 Patched for 12x DL Ripping
spryfly
CD-RW Player

Postby cadillacred on Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:47 pm

I have since decided on using roxio 7. I had an issue with roxio 7 but uninstalling and reinstalling my 811 seemed to solve the problem. I could never get nero to burn to the memorex, optodisc, and prodisc media i had but roxio burned to it with no problems. I tried installing nero on a fresh install of win xp sp1 and still had the same results. nero would lock up right before starting the actual burn process.
cadillacred
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)