I am very sorry that you've had such, even to me, unexplainable problems with our software writing to CDR media.
It sounds like you have done all you should have needed to do in order to resolve your issue.
Let's go back to the basics, if you do not mind repeating some steps.
1) Uninstall any other CD or DVD Recording programs from your system, using the Add/Remove Programs feature.
2) Use the Nero General Clean Tool to remove our software from your system, again.
(You can use the below link for this)
3) Use the RegistryChecker tool to remove any drivers left behind by other Recording software, it removes most though not all, and also to clear the Upper and Lower Filters of the registry that may be pointing to drivers that are no longer on they system. (You can use the below link for that)
4) Then download our latest Nero 184.108.40.206 and install with your Nero 6 serial key to unlock from Demo mode. Only install Nero 6 at this time, do not install NeroVision Express or InCD, as we do not need them to try and resolve this issue. ( Again use the below link)
5) Be sure you have the latest firmware for your model recorder installed
6) Make sure no programs are running in the background
7) With no media in the Recorder, try and create a Data or Audio CD using our Nero Express or Nero Burning ROM software. Let our software prompt you to insert a blank media, and only insert it when it's asked for.
If this works, try again, but this time with the media in the recorder before you launch our software.
IF it still fails, regardless of when you insert the media, use the Nero Info Tool to create a text file about your systems info and send to me at email@example.com
so I can see what is on the system that could possibly preventing our software from working.
PS. If you have another model recorder, not of the same MFG, it would be a good debug process if you could connect this other drive and see if it has the same problem as the one you are currenlty using. I'm not suggesting replacing the current recorder as a solution, just as a debugging tool.
And if we do resolve this off the forum, one way or another, I think everyone would appreciate an update to the results posted on this forum. Be it positive or negative for our Nero software.