Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Nero 6.3.1.20 - NeroVision Express 2.1.2.18 Available

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 6.3.1.20 - NeroVision Express 2.1.2.18 Available

Postby hoxlund on Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:27 pm

http://www.nero.com/us/nero-up.php

i even beat cdfreaks with this news ;) =D>
Fractal Design Define R5 White Window Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X99A XPower AC USB 3.1 Motherboard
Intel i7-5930K CPU @ 4.8GHz
Corsair H100i GTX 240mm CPU Cooler
Mushkin Blackline 4x8GB DDR4 2400 Memory
Asus 980Ti Strix OC
User avatar
hoxlund
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 12:55 am
Location: RAF Lakenheath / Suffolk United Kingdom

Postby Ian on Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:06 pm

Includes Nero Recode 2.1 as well..

http://www.nero.com/en/Recode_Info.html
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby thegdog on Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:29 am

Ian wrote:Includes Nero Recode 2.1 as well..

http://www.nero.com/en/Recode_Info.html

Recode 2.1 has been around for a while.

The previous version (2.1.2.16) was released in July.
thegdog
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 1:38 am

Postby Infinity on Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:14 pm

Sorry if this has been covered before, but from what I've read online the creator of dvdshrink is the same programer behind Nero Recode. I would assume this to be correct, as they are laid out very similarly. Anyway, is recode any better than dvdshrink? I noticed that dvdshrink had an update about two weeks ago which added a feature (AEC) for better video quality when doing high compression. I take it this is the same as Nero Recodes "two pass encoding" option? Also what exactly does the "high quality (slow recording)" mode of Recode do?

Again, sorry if this has already been covered.
User avatar
Infinity
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat May 12, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby thegdog on Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:20 pm

Infinity wrote:I noticed that dvdshrink had an update about two weeks ago which added a feature (AEC) for better video quality when doing high compression. I take it this is the same as Nero Recodes "two pass encoding" option? Also what exactly does the "high quality (slow recording)" mode of Recode do?

Actually, Nero Recode's "Advanced analysis" (the two pass process) is equivalent to DVDShrink's "deep analysis" feature.

The "High quality mode" feature in Recode may be similar to DVDShrink's AEC feature, but Nero doesn't really reveal a lot about what it does.

Having used the AEC feature in DVDShrink, I'll say that it really didn't add much time to the whole process, and I was unable to see a difference with it or without it. I haven't tried Recode's high quality mode yet.
thegdog
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 1:38 am

Postby Spazmogen on Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:41 pm

thanks hoxlund.

I've just upgraded because of your post on this. =D>
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
User avatar
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Woodstock, Ontario

Postby hoxlund on Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:56 pm

no problem, thats what im here for
Fractal Design Define R5 White Window Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X99A XPower AC USB 3.1 Motherboard
Intel i7-5930K CPU @ 4.8GHz
Corsair H100i GTX 240mm CPU Cooler
Mushkin Blackline 4x8GB DDR4 2400 Memory
Asus 980Ti Strix OC
User avatar
hoxlund
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 12:55 am
Location: RAF Lakenheath / Suffolk United Kingdom

Postby Infinity on Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:46 am

thegdog wrote:
Infinity wrote:I noticed that dvdshrink had an update about two weeks ago which added a feature (AEC) for better video quality when doing high compression. I take it this is the same as Nero Recodes "two pass encoding" option? Also what exactly does the "high quality (slow recording)" mode of Recode do?

Actually, Nero Recode's "Advanced analysis" (the two pass process) is equivalent to DVDShrink's "deep analysis" feature.

The "High quality mode" feature in Recode may be similar to DVDShrink's AEC feature, but Nero doesn't really reveal a lot about what it does.

Having used the AEC feature in DVDShrink, I'll say that it really didn't add much time to the whole process, and I was unable to see a difference with it or without it. I haven't tried Recode's high quality mode yet.


You are correct. I just installed Recode 2 and did a few test discs. They really should change the description for "High quality mode (slow recording); as the words "slow recording" led me to think that it was simply burning the dvd at a slower speed, when in fact it is slower ENCODING.

Here's the interesting thing. I noticed an improved picture when using both the new version of dvd shrink (w/ AEC) and recode (w/ high quality mode) over previous versions of dvd shrink. The interesting part is that dvd shrink (w/ AEC) took about 1hr 50 minutes to rip/encode; while Recode 2 only took about 1hr 15 mintues to rip/encode the same disc. The one problem I encountered with Recode is that it ejects the disc when burning is complete, even though I checked the box telling it not to eject the disc...
User avatar
Infinity
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat May 12, 2001 8:00 pm


Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.