Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Recode Feature Request

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Recode Feature Request

Postby lionels on Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:14 am

Is it possible for Ahead to consider adding the feature in Recode to keep a working menu if you happen to shorten the feature or movie or particularly if you split the movie over two discs. I know this is possible because DVDX Copy did it quiet well which gave the users a lot more control over their project.
lionels
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:24 pm

Hi Lionels,

Nero Recode does allow you to keep the Menu if you shorten the Main Title or even other Titles using the 'Start/End' option.

As for keeping it if you 'split it over two discs', I'll have to check on that.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby lionels on Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:32 pm

Thanks Craig. When you check the split over two discs recheck the ability to keep the menu, because I tried it and it didn't keep it. I am talking about a working menu here not one that coverts it just to a video. I am talking about the abilty to interact with the menu as it is suppose to be. But you may prove me wrong as maybe I am doing something wrong. When I get home tonight I will try again.

As for splitting over two discs this didn't work also with menu. I think dual layer disc prices are going to be out of reach for still a long time yet into the future so this is a good feature (if automated by Recode for us with say one or two clicks) to have in your program.

Thanks for your input,
Regards, Lionel
lionels
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:23 pm

Hi Lionels,

Yes, when you split over two discs, it does not keep the menu on both discs, this much I am sure of.

But when you shorten the the main title, or 'crop', it does allow you to keep the Menu.

Of course this is when you use the Copy Entire DVD to DVD option, not if you use 'Remake a DVD', or convert to Nero Digital.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby lionels on Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:46 pm

Quote"when you shorten the the main title, or 'crop', it does allow you to keep the Menu.
Of course this is when you use the Copy Entire DVD to DVD option"

Craig,
I am a bit lost here which is probably why I say it does not work. When I do as you say and open up Recode I use the Recode An Entire DVD to DVD option (I could not find the Copy Entire DVD To DVD option you talked about but guessed you meant this one), when I import the movie the only options shown on the right side of the screen are Import DVD; Disable & Lock Ratio. There is no Start/End option under this to crop or shorten movie. This is only available on all the other options, ie. Recode Main Movie to DVD; Remake a DVD etc.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Lionel
lionels
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:21 pm

Hi Lionels,

Sorry, you are right, that feature is not in the 'Recode an Entire DVD to DVD' option. Sorry, I was going by memory, and it was obviously faulty.

I'll recommend that they add that option for that feature.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby ZamboniGuy on Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:56 pm

Yep, I want this feature too...

In the meantime, I guess it's time to fire up the old DVDXCopy if that does the trick.
ZamboniGuy
Buffer Underrun

Postby lionels on Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:03 pm

Do we know if this feature made it to version 7??
lionels
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:27 am

i'm sorry, am i missing something here?
is there a possibility to recode (or not) and have the movie split across 2 single layer DVDRs ?
how ?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby lionels on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:16 am

Yes using Recode Main Movie To DVD and use the Sart/End button to split movie. You however will lose the menu, which is the issue raised with Craig and Nero above. Great if we could also insert a still title at the end of disc 1 saying Please Insert Disc 2. Some of the opposition allow you to replace still pictures or titles in the chapter (which is how you could do this and still retain the menu) like CloneDVD. Nero Recode only allows this with titles rather than chapters as well ( so far).
lionels
Buffer Underrun

Postby lionels on Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:23 am

Not sure if the orignal above request made it to Nero to consider, but on another request can we get the feature to allow you to back up a movie over two discs, but keeps the menu and more importantly allows you to insert a video or still picture to say at the split point or after "Please Insert Disc 2"? I know you can do this with some programs (including Nero Recode) where you just split the movie but only in the mode without any menu and extras.

However there are starting to be ones out there (like DVDFab Platinum) that does it all for you or allows you split disc and to insert in message with the menu (and any extras) still intact. Nero have to take on some of our suggestions if they want us to stay away from other programs.
lionels
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)