Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Vision Express 2 Hangs During Transcoding

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Vision Express 2 Hangs During Transcoding

Postby halarmstrong on Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:47 pm

I downloaded an evaluation version of the whole Nero suite on 10-OCT-04. I read the Spazmogen procedure (http://www.ormsby.ca/spazmogen/PAL_to_NTSC/) on PAL to NTSC conversion and thought I would give it a try. My goal is converting a PAL DVD to a NTSC DVD. I follow the cited procedure but Nero Vision Express 2 just stops without an error message during the long transcoding phase. The progress counter still ticks but progress stops growing. CPU usage goes to zero. The Abort button does nothing. I have to stop the process. I could not find any logs for a clue. Anyone have ideas?

I have XP SP2. I also have Roxio 6 (without drag to disc installed), DVX X
Copy (latest), and DVDXCopy Platinum (latest).
Hal Armstrong
halarmstrong
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:29 pm

You might try this:
1.Rip with DVDDecrypter in File Mode.
2.Use DVDShrink to transcode if DVD is >4.7GB.
3.Use THIS GUIDE to alter the IFO.
4.Burn on a DVD/RW to test.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Re: Nero Vision Express 2 Hangs During Transcoding

Postby TCAS on Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:44 pm

halarmstrong wrote:I downloaded an evaluation version of the whole Nero suite on 10-OCT-04. I read the Spazmogen procedure (http://www.ormsby.ca/spazmogen/PAL_to_NTSC/) on PAL to NTSC conversion and thought I would give it a try. My goal is converting a PAL DVD to a NTSC DVD. I follow the cited procedure but Nero Vision Express 2 just stops without an error message during the long transcoding phase. The progress counter still ticks but progress stops growing. CPU usage goes to zero. The Abort button does nothing. I have to stop the process. I could not find any logs for a clue. Anyone have ideas?

I have XP SP2. I also have Roxio 6 (without drag to disc installed), DVX X
Copy (latest), and DVDXCopy Platinum (latest).

You should not have more than two different burning software installed. I believe your problem is that you have to many burning software installed and they are in conflect with each other. Install only Nero and one of these and try again.

For conversion from Pal to NTSC go to the site :

www.videohelp.com and look for the conversion fro PAL to NTSC.

Or direct to:

http://www.videohelp.com/convert#4;41
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby halarmstrong on Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:54 pm

Regarding burninfool's suggestions:
[A] I did not need to DVDDecryper nor DVDShrink as the source disk was non encryped and was less than 4.7GB (rare).
[B] I did download and try IfoEdit AND IT WORKED!!! I have a Panasonic DVD-S35 player feeding a WEGA Panasonic Plasma. On the plus side this technique is easy. You just change the IFO files to say the VOBs are NTSC rather than PAL without actually transcoding them. On the minus side, the frame rate seems more erratic. It is especially noticable as the scenes pan. A definite jerkiness is noticable. My source material was cartoons so it was acceptable.

Regarding TCAS's suggestion:
You are probably right in thinking a multitude of burning software on the same machine is interfering with each other. I've seen this before. Too me uninstalling the other software just to do a single PAL to NTSC conversion is more nuisance than it's worth (not to say it wouldn't work).

Thanks for your suggestions. I was hoping for a way to get the nero software working as advertised. I put in a bug report to Nero. They claim they will respond in a few business days but I have not heard anything from them. Needless to say I'll not thrilled with my evaluation of their product nor support.

Keep on burnin in the free world!
Hal Armstrong
halarmstrong
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)