Create a dolby digital demo dvd from different scenes (.vob files) extracted from movies, using DVDShrink (decryption) and
author them using Nero vision. I had done that before without any authoring using Nero 6 (vision 3) and the quality was
excellent. Wanted to do a second one which is better with transition effects when one movie scene blends into another.
DVD Shrink latest
Windows XP SP3
Equipment used for Testing
Sony Blu-ray Disc Player S350
Marantz SR8500 THX AV Reciever
Panasonic Ae700 Projector
Whenever a transition effect (doesnt matter which one) is added between the imported dvd / vob files, there is a pause or a
flicker for half a second but it is very noticeable in the first scene, the one before the transition, just before it ends or
from where the transition effect begins. The scene after the transition effect has no problem. It exists no matter where the
files are burnt - dvd or hdd. It also occurs whenever the scene is edited (cut). Motion adaptive frame rate Conversion is
always off, it turned on, it ruins the scenes - colors and other settings. The sample format and aspect ration are set to
auto, Quality Setting is High Quality, Encoder Quality fine tuning speed is 100, encoding mode is high quality 2-pass vbr and
audio format is Auto. the total movie with different scenes is approx 4 GB and there is no compression. Sound (Dolby Digital
AC3 5.1) was good, no problem there.
1. Tried with some options turned on or off like Motion-adaptive deinterlacing and Super resolution, but no change.
2. Nero support told me that I had an earlier version of Nero 6 and they see a mix of files with Nero 9 and 6. So I removed
both and freshly reinstalled Nero 9 only. Still no change. On the contrary the sound got really dim - the treble was not
crisp and the base was almost gone. There was no compression on the disc.
3. I resolved the problem myself by turning off smart encoding. The flicker was no more and it was smooth, but the sound got
ruined - treble not crisp and bass very weak.
4. Then I removed Nero 9 and reinstalled Nero 6, again no flicker without smart-encoding but sound was dim.
5. I then reinstalled Nero 9 to go back to the original configuration, but sound is still the same.
6. I have tried sound settings as Auto, Dolby Digital 5.1, LCPM - no difference.
I have also tried with Corel Movie Factory, before Nero - awesome picture but dim sound.