For those unfamiliar with Plextor firmware unlocking procedure:
1. Download original fw.
2. Extract contents (winzip/winrar, etc)
3. Download unlocked firmware
(backup direct url: http://de.geocities.com/linux_piewie/do ... 8Xrpc1.bin
4. Put new firmware inside extracted folder (containing pxfirm3.exe and plexfirm.ini)
5. Edit plexfirm.ini. Change the line:
(assuming you are using unlocked firmware linked to above).
6. Start pxfirm3.exe. Flash away. Reboot. Enjoy command unprotected / RPC1 firmware
If this post is in violation of something Plextor is touchy about, Ian can delete this.
I saved a copy of this procedure for myself. Had to relearn it since the previous time. Old brains... :)