Infinity wrote:1. Does anyone know what would cause that weird burn shown above?
2. What is the proper way to use KProbe to test media?
3. Is there a newer version than 1.1.19 of KProbe, before Karr was forced to shut down his site?
4. Should I upgrade the firmware to QS09, or keep QS06? The only reason I kept QS06 is that I heard QS09 made the drive spin down toward the end of the burn process?
1. The disc might have been defective, so the Lite-On did its best to burn to it properly.
2. From what you've showed us, I think you already understand KProbe; just don't use your DVD-ROM to test discs.
3. David answered this one.
4. Definitely upgrade to QS09 or QS0A, but make a backup of QS06 just in case. You can make a backup with LtnFlash (use Google or a similar search engine to find a copy). You can find instructions for using it here
. BTW, I'm using QS0A on both of my LTR-52327S drives.
Edit: If you backup your QS06 firmware, could you please send me a copy? If you can, I'll PM you my e-mail address.