Hi all. Hope you all had a good thanksgiving and got your goodies this morning. I got myself the mad dog 16x DVD+- R/RW burner (rebadged NEC ND-3500). And I already have a ton of questions from all the info that I'm reading about online. Here's a list:
1. Can I use NEC's firmware on my mad dog burner?
2. My laptop doesnt have a floppy drive, is there any other way I can flash my burner?
3. I intend on burning mostly dvd movies, but my .avi's is not the format nero is accpeting (Video TS?) , do you know any software that I use to convert the formats?
4. This booktype/bitsetting stuff is kinda complicated too. I read the bitsetting help topic posted by someone on this forum, but still kinda confused. Can you give me some advice on them?
5. there is a gazzzzzilion types of firmwares out there, any good recommendations> (I do data and movie burning mostly)
Can't think of anymore, but i'll probably come up with more later. Thanks a lot for any advice/help guys!