NTI Goes Platinum with New CD & DVD-Maker Software
Provides Users with a Single CD and DVD Burning Solution for Data, Music, Photos and Videos with DVD+R/+RW/-R/-RW Drives
IRVINE, CA - September 23, 2003 - NewTech Infosystems, Inc. (NTI) announced today CD & DVD-Maker™ 6.5 Platinum with new features and new packaging. CD & DVD-Maker simplifies today's digital lifestyle by providing a single, low-cost solution for recording data, audio, photos and video on CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW discs. With affordable pricing, NTI's integrated EasySteps® interface, and the most complete set of CD and DVD burning features on the market today, CD & DVD-Maker 6.5 Platinum is a must-have tool for both novices and experienced users.
New features with CD & DVD-Maker 6.5 Platinum include:
* Automated audio track volume balancing for enhanced control when compiling audio CDs
* Turn digital photos into a slideshow VCD or SVCD with background music that can be played back by most DVD players
* DivX AVI to MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 (optional plug-in) encoders for easy VCD or SVCD creation
* VCD and SVCD Menuing for menu chapter control--Add customized menus to Video CDs and Super Video CDs
* DVD+R/+RW/-R/-RW support for DVD Data, DVD Copy and DVD packet writing
* New easy-to-use MP3 and WMA CD layout
* Enhanced Fraunhofer MP3 Decoder for increased speed, quality and improved utilization of system resources
* Industry-leading Fraunhofer MP3 Encoder available as a plug-in
* Improved JewelCase Maker 2.0 with support for both 8 cm. and 12 cm. disc labels and curved text plus background file templates for creating CD and DVD jewel case inserts
* New Wave Editor that lets users cut, copy or paste to edit WAV files to their personal preferences. The sound quality of favorite songs can also be enhanced with professional effects and by filtering out unwanted pops, clicks and hisses. Supported sound effects include: Trim, Normalize, Fade, Echo, Filter and Amplify.
In addition, CD & DV-Maker 6.5 Platinum includes all of the features that made the previous versions of NTI's award-winning CD & DVD-Maker software so popular. By storing files on CDs or DVDs, users can free-up their hard drive's capacity, protect critical files, and share videos and photo albums.
As part of its commitment to deliver "Power with Simplicity," CD & DVD-Maker 6.5 Platinum also features NTI's exclusive Dynamic Drive Support (DDS) and Live Update technology. DDS eliminates time-consuming software/hardware compatibility issues. Live Update optimizes software compatibility with the user's burner. Other features that are included to simplify the user's recording experience include:
§ Media Sensing - Detects the correct speed available from the media and the drive
§ Smart Decision Support - Automatically selects the correct writing method
§ Session Explorer - Retrieves data from damaged CDs
§ Overburn Support - Burns to the edge of the CD for increased capacity (adds 2½ plus minutes or up to 40MB)
§ Buffer UnderRun Support
§ Advanced, Built-in Caching
"NTI CD & DVD-Maker 6.5 Platinum is all new," said Bill Yao, President and CEO of NTI. "From the software to the features. Even the box is new. It delivers all the advanced features power users expect but it's so easy, even novices are proud of their results. And," he added, "it's cost-effective, because users can burn data, audio, video and photos to CD and DVD with a single solution."
Pricing and Availability
NTI CD & DVD-Maker 6.5 Platinum can be used with any Windows 9x/NT/Me/2000/XP Home/Professional system and is currently available with an introductory price of $55.99, a 20 percent savings, compared to the suggested retail price of US$69.99. Retail customers can purchase CD & DVD-Maker from leading retail stores and NTI's online store at <www.NTIus.com>, as well as other online retailers. Businesses can obtain a Volume Site License directly from NTI at a discount price based on volume. The OEM bundle version of NTI CD & DVD-Maker is also available for CD and DVD drive manufacturers and PC / notebook system manufacturers.
About NewTech Infosystems (NTI)
NewTech Infosystems ("NTI") is an industry leading developer of powerful, feature-rich, and easy-to-use software for CD and DVD recording. NTI has developed and delivered innovative recording and backup solutions since being founded in 1993. As a pioneer in the world of CD recording technologies and software, NTI released the world's first CD Copy software in December of 1995. With the debut of NTI Backup NOW! in 1998, NTI was the first software developer credited with bringing state-of-the-art optical recording technology to the realm of computer data backup and recovery, a field traditionally dominated by magnetic tape technologies.
The NTI family of products includes: NTI CD & DVD-Maker 6.5 Platinum, NTI Backup Now!® 3.0 Deluxe, NTI DriveBackup! 3.0, FileCD and Dragon Burn. NTI differentiates itself with superb user-friendliness that effectively enables powerful exploration of multimedia functionalities built on the principle of "Power with Simplicity." Many NTI products are available in multi-lingual versions, and are distributed and available through retail outlets, on-line purchasing, volume licensing and OEM's. NTI is headquartered at: 5 Mason Drive, Suite 150, Irvine, CA 92618. Phone: +1-949-421-0720, Fax: +1-949-421-0750
Editors Note: For more information, photos/illustrations or a review copy of CD & DVD-Maker 6.5 Platinum, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NTI CD & DVD-Maker, NTI Backup Now!, NTI DriveBackup!, FileCD, Dragon Burn, and EasySteps are trademarks of NTI. All other marks and names are the property of their respective owners.