dodecahedron wrote:hello AAUS, welcome to CDRLabs. :D
you said the first time SONIC is used works great. so maybe instead of using it again, just remove the program from the Control Panel and use a different software for burning CDs/DVDs ?
hello dodecahedron,THANK U,for the welcome & also for the reply
, yes i did as you suggested,""just remove the program from the Control Panel and use a different software for burning CDs/DVDs""
especially AFTER a HP/Compaq supervisor tech told me, (below0, I've never heard of SONIC was using Nero, until i purchased this computer in August this year, but now everything SONIC
is gone out of this computer...this is only 2nd computer, 1st one compaq 1999-Aug,2006,(win98se & winxp) now this one,but where I used to TRUST compaq, with hp or tech help overseas's & no longer allowed to talk to 2nd level support,here in USA, [b]I am finding Hp "'tec' help is at best a 50/50 for a correct answer to a problem.
Thank you again, for the info & help, "'AA" :lol: =D>
HP/COMPAQ online tech supervisor
(my name)the issue seems to be a problem with the Sonic software. file. As you have tried all possible options, I recommend you to get the computer serviced. Our service engineers will research on the issue and rectify the problem.
Sandy S: === Bench repair process ===
1. A shipping box is dispatched to your home and should be delivered within one to two business days from the time the service is requested. Packing instructions, a return shipping label, and strapping tape are included in the shipping box.
2. Pack the computer in the shipping box using the packing instructions.
NOTE: Please pack and ship only the Pavilion PC. Do not ship the monitor or any accessories (power cables, mouse, keyboard, manuals, CD-ROM's, joysticks, etc.)
3. after the computer is packed and secured in the shipping box, you will call the required shipping company to schedule a time to pick up the box. The phone number for the shipping company is included on the instruction sheet.
4. The shipping company picks up the packaged computer and delivers it to the repair facility. This could take as long as two business days to complete.
5. The repair center receives the package and inventories the contents of the box.
5. Once the computer is repaired it is repackaged for shipping.
6. The shipping company picks up the repaired PC from the repair center and delivers it back to your address. This could take up to two business days to complete.
7. Total time about a week to 10 days from start to finish
told her no don't start this I will call back if i want to send it to compaq, :lol: =D>