Home News Reviews Forums Shop

NTI DVD Maker 6.5-No supported Drive detected

SlySoft, Alcohol, VSO Software, NTI, etc.

NTI DVD Maker 6.5-No supported Drive detected

Postby ispbear on Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:22 am

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with a new computer. I have a sony DW-u14a dv-rw drive which came with the NTI DVD Maker gold suite OEM version. Running windows xp home in english version. When starting the NTI program up I get the error- No suported Drive detected. I know that NTI shows the sony drive as being supported, and have uninstalled and then reinstalled the software without any success. I've used other NTI software in the past with an old cdrw drive and like the program. Just hope to be able to get it up and running. Any help appriciated.
ispbear
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:44 am

Download "CDRW32.bdb" and drop into C:\Program Files\NTI\NTI DVD Maker Gold.

www.ntius.com/default.asp?p=support/supdrives_db
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby pranav81 on Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:06 am

Dear ispbear,
Hi.You can update NTI CD Maker CD-Recorder database from the internet too.Just use the Live Update feature.

See ya later,

::Pranav::
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby ispbear on Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:20 am

Yes, Sorry I forgot to put in my original post that I have down the live update from the program with no change in the problem.
ispbear
Buffer Underrun

Postby bomber on Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:52 pm

Me too is having the same problem...Can anybody please help???

Tried updating the database(like you said) but still no change

Help...

thanks in advance
bomber
Buffer Underrun

Postby ispbear on Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:38 am

Hey Bomber,

I should be getting a call from my computer companys tech support soon. If we can get it figured out, I will post what I know to see if it helps you. I've got a brand new sytem and wanted a DVD RW not a cup holder. :cry:
ispbear
Buffer Underrun

Postby bomber on Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:45 am

Yes... I hear what you are saying ispbear....thanks mate...l await your reply..
bomber
Buffer Underrun

Postby ispbear on Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:17 pm

Bomber,

Tech support was no help. :x There only recommendation was to do a system restore back to factory defaults.
Just curious what your system specs are to see if we have some component that is the same that might be the culprit.
I'm going to send email to NTI and Sony. Hopefully one of them might have an answer.
ispbear
Buffer Underrun

Postby bomber on Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:52 pm

You have a pm waiting for you mate...... :wink:
bomber
Buffer Underrun

Postby ispbear on Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:15 am

Ok I'm going to update with some new information that might help. Hopefully, wmtanner will jump in here and give some input. I have been in contact with another member on this board who is having the same problem as me. It appears that we have nearly identical set ups. Both of us are running Amd 64 processors with Gigabyte GA-Kn8pro motherboards using the onboard audio, realtek AC97 codec. Also we both have installed NVDVD, Windows XP sp1 with all security patches and updated drivers. So I can only assume that something with one of these components is the culprit.

Any Input appriciated?
ispbear
Buffer Underrun

Postby NTI Support on Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:38 pm

The problem you are experiencing is most likely caused by a conflict in his ASPI layer. Cleaning up his registry and/or reloading your image as your computer technical support suggested should resolve your issue.

After restoring your image install the program.

NTI Support
NTI Support
Buffer Underrun

No CDRW drive detected

Postby saint3600 on Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:49 pm

I had the same problem like the one you described. The problem has to do with the ntiaspi.dll file in the program directory. What I did is copy the ntiaspi file from the nti backup now folder to the cd maker folder and that solved my problem.

If you have backup now you can try copying the file to see if it corrects your problem.

If you don't have backup now you may want to download the free trial and then copy the file.

The nti aspi in backup now seems to be an earlier version but i haven't run into any problems using the older aspi file.
saint3600
Buffer Underrun

Postby bomber on Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:10 am

Thanks for your input of knowledge...I have it working now.....thanks saint3600 worked fine....well thanks everybody......

Cheers
bomber
Buffer Underrun

Postby ispbear on Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:23 pm

Ok, Thanks for everybody's help. I have it up and working now. NTI technical support emailed me a new Ntiaspi.dll to place in my folder and all is well.
I want to also put in a thumbs up for NTI. They responded to my email in one day and fixed things on the first try. You don't get that type of service very often. Good Job guys.
ispbear
Buffer Underrun

Return to Other CD, DVD and Blu-ray Burning Software