Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Editing Video in NeroVision... Sync problems

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Editing Video in NeroVision... Sync problems

Postby UMD_Maxima on Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:29 am

I have tried to edit MS-DVR files in the latest version of NeroVision and it seems that cutting out parts of the file seems to throw off the audio sync. Most of the time, the audio is delayed by maybe a half second, but in many cases I have seen it delayed by a second. These video files are recorded TV prgrams that are written by Win XP Media Center... They are basically just mpeg-2 files with some sort of metadata around them... I haven't tried just plain mpeg-2 files yet... has anyone else had something similar happen with NeroVision?
UMD_Maxima
Buffer Underrun

audio plaback rate is faster than video playback

Postby hhp 211 on Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:41 am

Hi, It sounds like I might be having the same problem as you do.

I am currently running Nero vision express 2 version 2.0.1.2 and Nero Burning ROM version 6.0.0.13 although I just d/l the latest updates.

I'm new to this and I have some TV shows(2 hrs worth) that I recorded from my AIW9800 pro, I used MPEG2Cut to edit out the commercials and create 15 separate files which I then choose "Make DVD, DVD-Video, Add Video Files, Created the Menus, Chapters and all that stuff", then I chose "Burn to, Write to Hard Disk Folder" and approx 2 1/2 hours I had my first project DVD which I would then burn to disc...

Well I opened the DVD files using: PowerDVD, Nero ShowTime and ATI Multimedia Center File Player, and they all had the audio playback rate faster than video playback rate so I went back and checked out the original .vob that I had made and they play at the correct sync.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do now

When I used GSpot to check things out here is what I got
On the original .vob
the audio source is - MPEG1AudioPayload
the audio path is - (S) --> Ligos MPEG Splitter --> MPEG Audio Decoder --> Morgan Stream Switcher --> MatrixMixer --> Morgan Stream Switcher 0002 --> (R)

On the Nero created .vob
the audio source is - DVD_LPCM_AUDIO
the audio path is - (S) --> Ligos MPEG Splitter --> InterVideo Audio Decoder --> Morgan Stream Switcher --> MatrixMixer --> Morgan Stream Switcher 0002 --> (R)

I can't think of anything else right now as for as info to provide, but I would love some insight as to how to fix this problem.

Thanks.

hhp 211
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:11 pm

I did a quick test, and could not duplicate a sync problem. But I have seen this occur sometimes in the past when doing a capture on a system that had a Hard Drive slower than 7200 RPM.

What is your system configuration? I'll try duplicating that and see if I can duplicate your symptoms.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby UMD_Maxima on Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:58 pm

My config is as follows:

P4 2.8GHz with HT
160GB Maxtor 6Y160P0 HDD (7200 rpm)
512MB PC2700 DDR RAM

Captured video was with Asus Blackbird TV tuner/Conexant 23880 PCI card.

The video captured and saved to the hard disk as an MS-DVR file just fine. I was not using NeroVision Express as the capture software. The file was created by WinXP media Center 2004 and had no sync problems at all. It is when I went to edit the file using NeroVision that caused the sync problems.

Thanks!
UMD_Maxima
Buffer Underrun

Postby hhp 211 on Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:45 am

My setup is this:

Dell deminsion 8100 P4 2.4ghz 400FSB
512mb PC800 40ns RDRAM
AIW 9800 pro Cat 3.7 mmc 8.7
C drive (Master) 40GB Western Digital WD400BBRTL 7200rpm
D drive (Slave) 120GB Seagate ST312002 6A 7200rpm
E drive (master) TDK840g 8x DVD
F drive (slave) Smasung SM-308B CD

I record my TV programs to the D drive as well as my projects ( the MPEG2Cut created .vob and the Nero made VIDEO_TS folder )

All my other programs and OS are on the C drive

The only weird thing I can think of that might of contributed to this is that windows updated something ( http:/v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/selfupdate/ ... ) during the time Nero was doing its thing.

Could this be my problem? What is windows updating?

I appreciate the help :)
hhp 211
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)