Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Complaint number 2

What was that?

Complaint number 2

Postby kevincott on Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:47 am

Damn those Yankess!

A-Rod to fill the void from Aaron Boone? Patching a career .270 hitter with last years' MVP is like replacing a 1980 Buick Skylark with a 2004 Hum-V!

I guess 101 wins was not good enough, and the additions of

Kevin Brown, Shef, and Motreal's pitching ace to a roster with Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Jose Contreras, Jorge, Mussina, Bernie Williams, Giambi and other possibilities like Tony Clark (Detroits' ontetime best hitter), Tom Gordon (once an unstoppable closer), Jon Lieber (a 20 game winner for my beloved Cubbies and was often un-hittable), and Kenny Lofton (Still can be rock solid) did not satisfy Steinbrenner's hope for a better future.

Damn 'them Yankees!

Khan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kevincott
CD-RW Thug

Postby TheWizard on Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:06 pm

Yeah, but being a Yankee hater, doesn't it bring a smile to your face when the Yanks make it to the World Series and lose despite owning the majority of the talent in the MLB? :P I mean, come on, they lost to Florida last year! Florida!!! Clearly not the best team on paper, and certainly not on the same level, talent-wise, as the Yankees, but they managed to win anyway! That's heart. That's determination. I'd like to see a repeat of that this year; some other team besides the Yankees win.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby smartin4 on Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:29 pm

I just posted this in a forum on ESPN, I just copied it and pasted it with a little editing (lazy me :lol: )

I know baseball sux & all, but I have to chime in on this one. All Georgie S. is trying to do is BUY another world title by upping his payroll to around $190 million!!!!! WTF? Every year this sissy doesn't win the WS, he tries to buy it the following year. $190 million is more than some pro sports franchises overall worth. I hope the Stankees end up like the NY Rangers, bloated payroll and no titles. For $190 mil, I would expect these sissies to play in subzero weather with 3 feet of snow on the ground, but they won't even play if there is a chance of rain in the forecast, I guess they are afraid they might have to get dirty or something, huh?

Sorry for the soundoff about boreball, but Steinbrenner is a curse on the sports world.

If you can't tell, I really, really hate boreball and especially the Stankees
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby kevincott on Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:34 pm

Alex is now a Yankee, giving them 6 of the top 12 highest paid players in the sport (Giambi, Jeter, Mussina, Brown and I think Sheffield).

Hopefully this will be another Dallas Mavericks story. All pay and promise without fullfillment.

Though I Like Mark Cuban the Mavericks owner. He IS living the American Dream.

PLEASE let the Cubbies pitching make it then stymie those damn pinstripes!
kevincott
CD-RW Thug

Return to Rants n' Raves